GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change the suspension on the R34 . I have more or less narrowed it down to the 2 types above due to value and performance as recommend by a few people.

The use of the car is fast road and occasional track/sprint use but the set up must be somewhat comfortable and compliant on road too .

I welcome any input/advice .

Also would appreciate to meet anyone with any of the above setups for a demo .

Cheers guys/gals .

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi paul,

To be honest i came across a few HKS coilies that rusted.

That's why i went for Meister R on my R34 they are salt spray tested and are black chromium plated to prevent rust.

They have transformed the ride and there are so many level's of adjustment,
32 level's of damping, ride height etc, car handle's ALOT better now.
Also bear in mind the company is UK based and easy to contact for advice part's etc.
hope that help's.

John

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would persobally go for HKS Hipermax IV very goo for road and occasional track use.
Knowing the HKS of old , they were very hard and unforgiving. Not ideal for UK road use and tbh would not even have considered them . Thanks for throwing another spanner in the works :).

I guess the new new Hyper is more UK road friendly then !?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi john and thanks for the advice .

I don't run the car in the rain,unless I'm caught out in it, and never run it in the winter months when salt is about . He's a little spoilt garage king ;), so hopefully rust shouldn't be an issue but always helps to buy something that is designed a little to cope with the UK's finest salt .
I'm still running the original Vspec suspension which is fine on road, but leaves a little to be desired on the old track outing or spirited drive .They only have a little surface rust on them and still work well . Testament to how well Nissan over engineered out steeds back in the glory days !

Hi paul,

To be honest i came across a few HKS coilies that rusted.

That's why i went for Meister R on my R34 they are salt spray tested and are black chromium plated to prevent rust.

They have transformed the ride and there are so many level's of adjustment,
32 level's of damping, ride height etc, car handle's ALOT better now.
Also bear in mind the company is UK based and easy to contact for advice part's etc.
hope that help's.

John

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I use HKS hipermax III and they are absolutely amazing for London roads cannot fault them at all. They have improved a lot from the early days and the new IV's are further refined. Not as expensive as you think Coordsport sell them or if you want to buy them from Japan work out even better.

Out of HSD or Meister R go for Meister R but don't discount other good setups out there from you list :)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I found the HSD a bit firmer than than the Meister R. The Meister R are pretty good on UK roads. Both pretty comparable.

My friend has Meister R on his R32GTR and I love driving it when he lets me lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
The questions is what is your budget.
MeisterR have several model available now, namely the Zeta-R and the GT1.

The Zeta-R is good, I have used them myself for years and like other said, it is a good all rounder at a very reasonable price.

Now if your budget allows, the GT1 is going to be one of the best 1-way fast road / occasional track day suspension you can get.
It will also be back with a lifetime warranty (yep, you heard that right) which is pretty unheard of in the custom build suspension world.
We want to offer a product with a warranty that you won't need to use, that is how confident we are with the quality of the GT1.

Being hand build in the UK mean they can be serviced also should you ever want to get them rebuild, these are all done in house at the workshop in Essex. :)

Jerrick

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I can vouch for both Meister R suspensions. On my 33 I went through 4 suspension brands and was finally happy with the zeta. Great on the road and motorway and good on track.

The GT is just settling in on my 32 and its performing well.... A little stiffer than the zeta on road.... Not took it on track yet, but from the fast road use I've had I'd say its going to be very good. Uk support too..... Right here on the forum. Cant really beat that

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have hsd on my 32 and have been very pleased with them for road and track, when I bought them I didn't no about meister R and by reading other reviews would prob go for gt1 if bought again but as others have said don't discount others , have heard good things about black art recently :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have hsd on my 32 and have been very pleased with them for road and track, when I bought them I didn't no about meister R and by reading other reviews would prob go for gt1 if bought again but as others have said don't discount others , have heard good things about black art recently :)
The GT1 is a collaboration between MeisterR and Black Art Design (BAD)
The entire GT1 was engineered from the ground up and hand build by BAD.

BAD mainly do 3-way suspension for race use which is expensive and to complex for road use.
The GT1 is using all of BAD experience to produce a fast road suspension that is affordable, easy to adjust, and engineered to handle fast road surfaces and condition.

Jerrick

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I have the MeisterR GT1 and have to say I am seriously impressed.

Adjustability of 30 clicks.
I run at 0/0 on the road and it's a nice ride, could use it every day easilly. Better ride than my R35.

I adjust in when on track and it's really good there too.

Sensible price too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts