GTR Forum banner

Men & Motors - Saturday 9.05 pm.

1K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  davewilkins 
#1 ·
Just heard back from M&M and the programme featuring the track day will be shown this Saturday at 9.05 pm Granada Men & Motors. There's 14 minutes of of us!

Peter.

PS. Look for the blithering idiot who can't string two words together, that'll be me then........ :(

#7 ·
m&m

That's funny, me and chris thought the same (no disrespect to David, he started it all). Funny how Peter said track day for skylines only and then seconds later there is a scooby on the track! Needed more coverage of the cars on the track as the video clips on the net are cool. What happened to a Joss interview? He IS the man behind the forum which Peter mentioned. Anyone should not moan...at least it was on telly.
Dave
P.s. Got bored of clarkson and turned the video off....missed some of guy...doh

#8 ·
i also thought it was a skyline track day ,what happend to the skylines .ie top speed runs and them going round the track.
seen a toyota supra,a TVR,and davids yu spent more time talking about his rag top. when the woman got into the skyline i thought ok something worth watching now how wrong was i.
she spoke about 32s,33s,34s, did not even show a 32.

men and motors show was very poor.

#10 ·
Got to agree, bloody awful! Hardly any footage of cars and what there wasn't very good and showed Daid's Ferrari more than any Skyline that was there.

Peter.

PS. The Scoobie was the instructors car which only went round on the parade lap.

#14 ·
Men & Motors.

Dave,

Yes, there's nothing quite like a bit of live action! So are you up the next track day?

I guess, in hindsight, 'bloody awful' isn't quite the right description, probably very disappointing is better. I was looking forward to seeing some action (preferably Skylines NOT Ferraris) which as you know didn't materialise.

Phil,

As we were at some friends on Saturday night and our cable set up showed Wexford ( :eek: ) instead, I wouldn't mind a copy if possible so that I can show my kids, please!

Thanks.

Peter.

#15 ·
What a swiz !!!

Dear points of view,

What a swiz.

I had to watch it around my parents house. We were mean't to be going out,
so I was sitting there taking it in the neck as we were running late,.......

and where was this Skyline extravagansa??? :confused: :confused:

I saw the intro snippits, looked good, excitedly telling everyone in the room about the day.
And that was it....

Even me mum laughed and said it was shit, where were the cars??????

Where were they?? I blinked.

I later watched it again in slow mo on my video. Recomend this as its the only way of
getting a good look at our cars.

Peter, Next time can I operate their camera??

#16 ·
Sorry guys, I can't help it if the two laydees found my car more photogenic!;) But seriously, I don't know why everyone is so disappointed, I mean, it was Granada Men & Motors, the channel that makes Bottom Gear and Drivel look slick and interesting! I agree that they should have interviewed Joss, which I did suggest at the time, but he did appear a lot in the background...
I also thought Guy was excellent, very natural in front of the camera and The Beast was featured a lot longer than my car. (does Henry know that it is wholly your car, Gary?!)
Yeah, the in-car footage was a joke, but as I said, what did you expect?

#17 ·
not suprising

My mate Runs M&M. They make programming for less than £100 per hour and are always up against it. Compare this to Top Gear who spend £80,000 per show and sell the programming all over the world.

Add in a glorified gymnast, with hardly any producer experience put it in the oven for 30 mins and heyy presto "pure crap"!!!

Perhaps we should do something with Tiff and Vicky Butler (I want you!) Henderson (preferably road testing my bed and champagne glasses)!

Just imagine a Richard the 3rd who takes you to track days!!! Bliss!!!!

Peter E, get on the blower to the BEEB QUICK!!

All Fellow members who would be Vicky Butler Henderson's Gyno for free post below IIeeeeyyyyyy!!!

Jamie Martin.

#18 ·
Viki

Jamie

Its that girly giggle of Vikis I love when she's getting the back out in some
hairy chested powerful rear wheel drive car.

My girl friend tuts when shes on the box, she KNOWS she has competion with Viki.

I actually saw her this year as LeMans at 4.30 am. She was sitting on some steps
watching a large screen TV of the race looking worse for wares about 10 foot away.

I was just going to go over and say hello, when she shouted to some bloke at the top of her voice,
"Get out o the fuckin way you dick, I'm trying to watch the fuckin TV!!!!!", As some bloke blocked her view.

I passed up on going over incase she destroyed what we had going between us, in front of my mates and girl friend.
Mind you my girl friend would of loved that.

Oh well, I still would though.:D :D :D :smokin:

#19 ·
I hope your girlfriend can't access this site, it may be difficult explaining what you mean by "I still would though"!!!!!

As for me I'm lucky, my girlfriend is Swedish so when people ask me what she's doing over here I reply "Anything I want".

A smug Jamie M.

#20 ·
V B-H

Don't forget, she knows how to drive a Skyline too! I was there when she drove Tim Milnes awesome R32 for Jeremy Clarkson's last video. Excellent doughnuts and some lairy tail out action! She's more appealing in the flesh than on TV IMO, but she's tiny, not an inch above 5 ft. Filthy laugh and smokes like a trooper, decribed Tim's car as "rude" and loved it when she trounced Jezza in a Cerbera.
Top girl and I hope the Beeb find useful employment for her and Tiff when Top Gear finishes. (Still a crap programme though)

#21 ·
Clarkson??

David,

I have heard a few references to Mr Clarkson having various Skylines on his videos.

Now I have one or possible two of them, but I don't think I have ever seen any on his vids.

Do you happen to know what ones they were, Sepecially with Tims car, so I can buy them and
catch up with the rest of yous?????

Changing the subject of collecting Skyline snippets, an Austrailian magazine I ordered turned up
on my door step the other day. I bought it as they had full road tests done on all 3 GT-R's, same
roads, track, timing gear and drivers and all standard.

Very interesting it is too. The performance test was interesting with their
0-60 times for the R32, R33 & R34 of 4.71, 4.97 & 4.92. :D
The 1/4 mile had simular results but with not such a winning margin for the 32. :D

So us old'ns can still cut it. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

#22 ·
Does Mr Clarkson Own a Skyline

a Lot of People have mentioned Mr Clarkson and we all know his love of Skyline but has or did he ever have one?

someone said he had a bayside blue R33 I think!

If he still has one could we get him out to a track day?

then we could have our own Clarkson video!!

Does any one have his Email address or number?

I think he is a good larf, sat next to him for a few hours in a Airport Lounge a good few years ago now and he had my sides splitting with some of his tales of cars and car people:D

#25 ·
vid

Hi scott,
I think the answer is no, but if no-one else has found out, I can find out tonite. I have a 'copy' and could not find it last nite, but only got in from work at 10 and then watched predator 2!
The video features cerbera v skyline, rover sd1 tuned v nova tuned (they both max'd up std cars on a budget), shite sierra (someones custom creation) gets blown up etc, brabus porsche, corvette (remember trax 2001 anyone:p )
I am tempted by the meet this weekend as my car comes off the road on monday but I will see. If I come I can bring you a (ill) legal copy for evaluation purposes (melts in 30 days).
Dave;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.