GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some upgrade brakes for my R33 GTR.
Got a nice offer for some SL55AMG brakes.
Front 8 pot calipers and rear 4 pots.

Anybody here who's driving them on his skyline or have some infos about this conversion?

I found some brackets for the front calipers, but nothing for the rear ones :confused:
Brake master cylinder can be stock or should I change it?
Also thinking about which brake discs will fit under 18" and fit with the bolt circle...

Thanks

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,208 Posts
You can get brackets made to make any calipers fit. Have a word with Bob at Zealou5 if it doubt.

Things to think of - disc sizes (what sizes are the calipers design to work with, can you easily get them to fit), what are the piston areas (ideally you'll want a total piston area as much as the originals, if it's bigger then is the ratio between front and rear the same), do the rears have provision for handbrake (if so will you use it)

Hope that this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think the brackets shouldnt be a great problem, but I can't find some proofed informations about piston diameters or the piston area...

SL55AMG has external handbrake like Z32 or R33 too, so handbrake can stay stock?

In australia someone is driving this setup with 365mm front and 355mm rear discs on his R34 GTR, sadly there are no more information about the discs or the setup in general,
except that he had to change left and right caliper because otherwise the bleeders will be at the bottom of the caliper.

Ok I will Pm him, thanks ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for some upgrade brakes for my R33 GTR.
Got a nice offer for some SL55AMG brakes.
Front 8 pot calipers and rear 4 pots.

Anybody here who's driving them on his skyline or have some infos about this conversion?

I found some brackets for the front calipers, but nothing for the rear ones :confused:
Brake master cylinder can be stock or should I change it?
Also thinking about which brake discs will fit under 18" and fit with the bolt circle...

Thanks
Just buy an amg. This should never happen. Nissans are junk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts