GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have owned the car for 3 years nearly now and its time for a change. I use it as a daily driver. Apart from the usual things the cars in general suffer with Nissan design faults like water traps around the rear arches and their habit of spinning bearings if ragged when cold. This car had a fully forged engine build supplied and fitted by MGT Racing due to it spinning a bearing and destroying no 1 conrod last year. It was run in and has had the oil changed every 3000 miles since, the mileage shows around 79,000 for the car itself which was a jap import which had all the approprtiate derestriction carried out but I estimate there is only around 6k on the engine itself.

To roughly sum it up

1995 N plate although it was a 99 in japan presumably late phase III R33 as it has passenger airbag

Bodywork:
Nismo rear spats
N1 bonnet vents
Bonnet lip spoiler
OEM R33 GTR alloys (minor scuffs)

Suspension:
Apexi adjustables

Brakes:
Ferodo ds2500 pads
Goodridge Braided lines

Electronics:
Apexi Power FC L-Jetro
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Greddy Hi/Lo Boost Switch

Transmission:
Nismo Super Coppermix twin plate clutch
Redline heavyweight shockproof gear oil

Engine:
Wiseco Pistons
H beam section rods
ACL Race bearings
N1 water pump
N1 oil pump
Greddy clear front cover
Sard 700cc injectors
Greddy cambelt
Tomei adjustable cam pulleys
Tomei Poncams Type B (Step 1)
Tomei 276 fuel pump
Polished std covers
Steel headgasket
Aluminium radiator
Nismo Air Flow Meter x 2
Garrett 2860-5 turbo x 2
HKS turbine elbow x2
RSR front downpipe
Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust

Security:
DCA security just fitted a new gemini CAT 1 alarm

The car bodywork itself is in very good condition, it's not immaculate but it is driven every day and as such will be prone to other drivers and even my mistakes. There are a few stonechips on the bumper but nothing a respray couldn't sort out. It does have rust on the strut tops but that has been there pretty much in the same condition since I bought it and doesn't cause a problem, its the materials nissan used for where the suspension comes in that just rots. The car was fully undersealed and received rust treatment for the back arches shortly after I got it, the passenger side quarter is starting to go again on the water trap at the rear quarter but I have received a quote for this from the same people but simply not had time to sort it out. The previous owner had his VIN stolen off the car so he had it reregistered with a new one and although this sounds dodgy and put me off initially it is all correct and was done properly

I have documentation for pretty much everything while the car was in my ownership and a few items I received from the previous owner who was also on the gtroc.

Understandably the market isn't great at the moment but this is one of those cars that is genuine and has been looked after very well, so I do have reservations on how low I will let it go for. I'm looking for a figure in the region of 12k.

Afew pictures back when the weather was good

My mobile number is 07883859073

Any more details required let me know,

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old pics but its all I have until I give her a clean up at the weekend

quite old pic got an ally radiator on now

better light

Will do some interior and engine bay shots at the weekend

Dan

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior pics

Right sunday I managed to give the car a clean but the heavens opened again. As a result no under bonnet pics but I managed a few interior shots.

Main pics:

Front:

Rear:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi mate, what boost settings do you have on the car? And what power is it running any rolling road graphs? And whats the oil pressure like on it? Is there any chance of some close up suspention turrets shots?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello mate,

I run it every day on LO setting at 1 bar boost and when you want a play its set to switch to 1.4 bar HI setting from the steering wheel controller, the dyno graph for this is below setup by Garth at MGT Racing, the car did have a nismo thermostat and alloy radiator along with removal of air con ancillaries shortly afterwards so there may even be more power there now.

493bhp and 439lb/ft all at the rear wheels

Oil pressure is just as it should be running 15w50 motul between 7 an 7.5 bar at cold start dropping to around 3.5 bar at idle when warm, so all is good.

Until we get some dry weather and I can get some light as I'll be at work, I won't be able to get any pictures of the turrets, however soon as I do I'll get some up.

Thanks for the interest,

Dan

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope its awd, its done to avoid front torque transfer, MGT used to jack the front up and dyno on the rear wheels, although I think they now have the additional front hub units to do all four.

cheers Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking GT-R Dan, especially in black. If I only had the money.... I hope to buy a black GT-R V-spec spring 2011.

Good luck with the sale!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Underbonnet pics

Finally got some decent underbonnet pics done (although still needs some metal polish yet)

enjoy...

passenger side turret(seems to be worse than the other side)

driver side turret

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right well I'm on the hunt for another car now so this needs to go, nobody want a well tuned genuine example?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shes gonna be kept alive by a ctek conditioner whilst under my car cover and then have the odd blast at the weekend, to keep her in prime condition for the next owner

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately car has been away to get the alternator replaced at MGT racing, Only just got it back saturday morning, so I'll let you know if I can sort something out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still for sale

Took her out for a spin yesterday to keep the fluids right and laughed at the wannabe race driver Audi reps trying to kiss the bumper, quite unreal how much attention cars like this attract, shes now all cleaned up, gleaming and back under her cover

1 - 20 of 22 Posts