GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a metallic tinkle coming from o/s front when i go over bumps. If I bang the wheel when stationary I can hear it. Only noticed when dark so hard to see anything.
Any one got any ideas of what it might be?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi I have a metallic tinkle coming from o/s front when i go over bumps. If I bang the wheel when stationary I can hear it. Only noticed when dark so hard to see anything.
Any one got any ideas of what it might be?
It's the brake pads rattling in the caliper, mines started doing it and it's driving insane

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the brake pads rattling in the caliper, mines started doing it and it's driving insane
SO to confirm if I press the brake pedal and bang the wheel it should disappear. Will check when kids in bed.

thanks Buzby

·
Registered
609 Posts
SO to confirm if I press the brake pedal and bang the wheel it should disappear. Will check when kids in bed.

thanks Buzby
Best check is drive the car and the clink clink should stop when you press the brakes

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I had this when I first bought the car, it done my tits in. Took it to the dealer expecting it to be fixed under warranty, but they done it as a "gesture of goodwill" didn't realise I paid a lot of money for something that sounds like there's a hobo in the wheel rattling a change cup. But the callipers need an extra clip (I think)

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Hmmmm, might be the thingamijig or the wotsacallit, best get some ear plugs !!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts