GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

The boost reading on the MFD on my R34 GTR is no longer registering. It still shows and displays the negative (vacuum) reading - but as it boosts it shows 0 and nothing above.

Car still drives normal /great - I'm thinking a sensors faulty, lose hose??

Can anyone please help.

Daniel

·
Registered
341 Posts
sounds about right, if i remember correctly the sensor is somewhere near the front right suspension mount.

am not sure but i may have a spare sensor as i upgraded to the version 2 mfd a while ago. i am at work now but will try and remember to look when i get home. feel free to pm me to remind me as i forget most things lol

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Check all boostpipes to the sensor,maybe one has a hole/small cut inside,and in the moment it would make positiv boost,it will blow the pressure out:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys - all sorted.
The boost hose was split where it attaches to the nipple at the rear of the engine. Just cut the end off and reattached - done.

EvolutionVi - welcome to the white GTR V SpecII club. Am absolutely wrapped with mine.

Sean - what is the version 2 upgrade?

Dan

·
Registered
341 Posts
er, let me think.
g meter
boost reads to 2bar
exhaust temp
air inlet temp
lap timer

er cant remember the rest, do a search on here for ver II MFD and all will be revealled. got mine from nengun.

oh and i remembered to look see if i had a sensor and the answer was yes. glad you got sorted though

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
ZILR; common problem!!! Mine came off once when cleaning the engine bay. And then last time when i did my polished plenum, the hose got a split in it, and was idling higher than normal but still reading the boost!!!

Nismo MFD upgrade like Sean has said has 2 bar boost gauge with new map sensor, g-meter, exhaust and inlet temps will be activated if your car is a NON V-SPEC model, and lap timer, plus an RS232 port at the back and cable to download and view data. You also lose the throttle graph for oil pressure display.

Oh yeh and the Nismo logo on start-up!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts