GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.... i have recently bought a 59 plate 35..coming from a 480 bhp 33 gtr... wow what a diffference..i love it.. but trying to add cd's to hdd..everything going well..recording as it played..all good..then they would disappear..there's a menu..highlighted..but i couldn't access it... i have since discovered the screen is a touch screen...but mine isn't...i try'd going on to the secret settings and try'd the screen sensitivity..but no joy..do i need a new screen...if so has anybody got one for sale...:confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rang dealers today...mfd not covered under warranty..:mad:so back to looking for second hand one...everthing else works ok ...just the touch screen part inop..

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
They are fobbing you off, the mfd had an extended warranty on it. Mine was replaced free of charge by WLMG at Slough.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Apparently some cars are covered with the extended warranty but not others, depends on your chassis number.

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
Heard this before. Sat nav cars apparently have a different head unit which shouldn't fail hence they refuse to honour the 5 year extension on it. Nothing to lose by playing merry hell with them. You might get a good will gesture.

Trouble is, it's like my bell housing rattle which was 6 weeks out of warranty and only 6000 miles from new. I thought they would honour a fix but the best I could get after going to the top many times was a gesture of the part for free. Still wanted hundreds more than SVM or Litchfield for their labour so that was useless to me. I asked for £700 instead of a £1400 part and they refused. Nissan eh !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nissan appear to gits when it comes to stuff like this...

the audio in my 59 plate packed up last week for the SECOND time and they are refusing to do anything about it on the grounds that because i bought the car 2nd hand from a private dealer and whilst in my ownership its been serviced by litchfield motors, i am not a customer of theirs - so i can piss off!

basically they're not making money out of me so they dont wanna know.

thats was nissan head office, the HPC wanted to charge £300 just to look at it and then leave it to head office to tell me to get stuffed!!

any ideas on how to take the matter further?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
There's another thread on here where I posted a draft letter before action - no prisoners!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Surely, the product isn't fit for purpose is it? I can't believe they can just say if the car doesn't reflect a Nissan fsh then tough. Everyone knows that our recognised independents know a lot more about the car than the Nissan mechs and do a much better job!

I'd rather buy a car with a fsh by a recognised indie than one with a Nissan fsh!

Legally I'd be amazed if they can do this.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Surely, the product isn't fit for purpose is it? I can't believe they can just say if the car doesn't reflect a Nissan fsh then tough. Everyone knows that our recognised independents know a lot more about the car than the Nissan mechs and do a much better job!

I'd rather buy a car with a fsh by a recognised indie than one with a Nissan fsh!

Legally I'd be amazed if they can do this.
It can't, it just relies on people either not understanding their rights or not knowing how simple [and cheap] the legal process is to seek reasonable redress.

·
Registered
55 Posts
as far as the customer is concerned nissan have supplied a faulty unit but as far as nissan are concerned they dont give a toss!

i found that draft letter and i am also taking legal advice on the matter. i will let you guys know what comes out of it in the near future

cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts