GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it was about time I did an ongoing project thread on my street/drag car. Back in 2012 mark and Garth at mgt racing decided to take my skyline r32gtr on, they soon seen the potential where they could push myself and the car forward, after our first outing we got back, rebuilt the motor, added nitrous, upgraded the ecu, and got Garth to work his magic in the dyno and pushed it through the 2012 season, japshow finale seen me get into the final and run with a 9.3 @139mph unfortunately loosing to Jeff's ludgate! 9s were consistent from the day the car was built tbh but drag racing is an addiction and there's always that temptation of wanting more! I drove it through the winter on the road and early 2013 my partner announced she was pregnant, so the decision was made to have a year out and leave the car in the garage! A year had passed and me and mark had a coversation about getting the car back out there, but myself and mgt racing wanted to step it up a notch, so I sold the hks t51kai turbo that had been so good to me over the years and purchased a brand new setup, mark and Garth came and collected the car a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it's having a lot of work done, new turbo and manifold where fitted, down pipe and screamer pipes where made and new trigger system has been installed this week, next week the car is off to pro alloy to have all boost pipes/clips fabricated, then it's back down to Garth to pull the numbers out of it we need to run consistent 8s, all being well we should be at japshow competing in the jap drag series at santapod raceway. Apologise for spelling and if the pictures don't upload I don't post often :chairshot

View attachment 38785
View attachment 38793
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I thought it was about time I did an ongoing project thread on my street/drag car. Back in 2012 mark and Garth at mgt racing decided to take my skyline r32gtr on, they soon seen the potential where they could push myself and the car forward, after our first outing we got back, rebuilt the motor, added nitrous, upgraded the ecu, and got Garth to work his magic in the dyno and pushed it through the 2012 season, japshow finale seen me get into the final and run with a 9.3 @139mph unfortunately loosing to Jeff's ludgate! 9s were consistent from the day the car was built tbh but drag racing is an addiction and there's always that temptation of wanting more! I drove it through the winter on the road and early 2013 my partner announced she was pregnant, so the decision was made to have a year out and leave the car in the garage! A year had passed and me and mark had a coversation about getting the car back out there, but myself and mgt racing wanted to step it up a notch, so I sold the hks t51kai turbo that had been so good to me over the years and purchased a brand new setup, mark and Garth came and collected the car a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it's having a lot of work done, new turbo and manifold where fitted, down pipe and screamer pipes where made and new trigger system has been installed this week, next week the car is off to pro alloy to have all boost pipes/clips fabricated, then it's back down to Garth to pull the numbers out of it we need to run consistent 8s, all being well we should be at japshow competing in the jap drag series at santapod raceway. Apologise for spelling and if the pictures don't upload I don't post often :chairshot

View attachment 38785
View attachment 38793
View attachment 38801

Wayne

Next week the car will look so much nicer under the bonnet, when it has all the new boost pipes made and clamps fitted. I will pop the odd picture up as things progress and video:thumbsup:.

Regards Mark

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
What class do you run in Wayne?
Exhaust exiting through the bonnet isn't street legal so you wouldn't be able to do TOTB and a car in the 8s would be a big asset to the team mate...

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I saw that blower on garths desk when I was down there last, its a beast !

I reckon you will smash an 8 with mgt on the case mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
As above, saw Garth with that turbo. He took a pic of him holding it up looked nearly as big as him :D. Fingers crossed for you, but 8's shouldn't be a problem with MGT on your side!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looking good mate, that turbo is ridiculous when you see it in the flesh.

I hope you break in to the 8's mate, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run in the jap drag series (Jds street)
I've now changed the exhaust so it's a side exit! but I would need a silencer to run at totb!:(

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I run in the jap drag series (Jds street)
I've now changed the exhaust so it's a side exit! but I would need a silencer to run at totb!:(
Cool, good idea with the side exit. Best of luck this season fella.
Be good to see it at TOTB too :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys:D my days of driving to and from track are more minimal these days, it's not as fun as it used to be! :bawling:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Be good to have you back Wayne!

I solved the drive to track issue by having two other skylines!

The 34 could be driven, but wouldn't be same, especially stopping to keep adding ice! Or find E85 fuel. LOL!

DaveG

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hi All

We have been getting some more work done on Wayne's car this week. We had all new boost pipes made and they do look very nice indeed. Not long now for the dyno: just a new set of injectors and we are there.

Regards Mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking awesome :thumbsup: no more blowing boost pipes off :clap: cannot thank mgt racing enough for the help/support and time they put into this car!!!
Next job for me is start to tidy bits up on the car, it's about time I did something:p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi everyone

Not updated this recently due to waiting for my id2000 injectors to turn up, and mgt having been inundated with customers cars, mark and Garth kindly stayed at the workshop till late hours yesterday evening to map the car.:bowdown1: and this is the out come.......

1.3 bar boost 750bhp atw
1.6 bar boost 801bhp atw
1.8 bar boost 853bhp atw
1.95 bar boost 892bhp atw
2.15 bar boost 960 bhp atw and shut the dyno down:chuckle:
Went to do another pull to hit the 1000bhp atw and my trusty quaife gearbox let go and striped 3/4th gear:runaway:

Just to add we still haven't started to spray any gas as of yet:cool:
So hats off to mark and Garth for staying late and building/tuning a monster, just unfortunate about the box as mark said the motor was absolutely loving it and sounding sweet all afternoon.......

I wonder how much I will have to grovel to borrow his hollinger :flame::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
503 Posts
does this mean you wont be able to run at japshow? I hope not... would love to see your car run...talk nicely to mark and garth, make the tea, sweep the workshop, etc etc... im sure mark will have a sneaky gearbox under the bench somewhere!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts