GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a BIG THANKYOU>>>>>>>>>

if you want one of the best skyline experts/builders in the country (imo) for the very right price, you will not go wrong with Garth, Liza, Dean & team @ MGT in Nuneaton.
I live 2.5 hours away from them, but it is well worth the trip. i set off at 6 this morning, and arrived slightly p*ssed off as it rained the whole time and i spent 1.5hrs in Bloody traffic.
they immediately made me feel @ home, and even brewed up!

i cannot thank them enough. if you are not sure who MGT Racing are, they were involved in preparing the R32 GTR that WON the "RWYB" at santa pod this year (9.9) in the private class. fastest ever recorded time... and thats just one of their cars.

heres the story,
i blew my engine on the `ring, and after waiting nearly 7 weeks to get it back (RAC lost it for three weeks!!!) i sent it directly to MGT (i met them out there).
they did a complete rebuild and all i can say is......... FANTASTIC.
the car feals SOOO much more responsive and torquey.

spent the whole day with them today, Garth got out his lap top and other bits of kit i have never seen before, and coupled with some seriously trick software....., and boy, does he know how to map a car!!!
not sure of bhp figures (irrelevant really) but it pulls like a train.
i can not beleive how quick it is. running 1bar on low boost and 1.3 on high. and i reckon in the real world not a lot will keep up with it. seriously.
i am running Falcon 452 (brand new) and it was struggling for grip in the dry, on high grip tarmac, in secound gear!!!
hers a little taster of the spec....
1996 R33 GTR V-Spec - F1 edition.
New HKS 25-30 turbos
apexi power fc with command
apexi intake
metal head gasket kit
wiseco forged piston with arp bolts
race spec intercooler
race spec radiator
race spec oil cooler
trust baffled sump & oil pump
greddy boost controller with record
straight through racing exhaust
HKS fully adjustable suspension
Xeddy triple plate clutch (absolute bitch to set off on hills)
the list goes on but you get the idea ;-)

had a great laugh, eat some chicken better than KFC!, and there are some lovely roads to play on. i did the driving while garth did the mapping.
he talked me through the whole process of setting up a car properly. i learnt so much, and have a new found respect for engine builders and tuners that know what they are doing.

Garth Wong, you are a top man, and deservedly up there with the best!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
thats awsome news that. They are not far from me. now i know where i will be taking my R32 for services and checkups.

James.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wil be impressed my friend..... not the usual " i can do skylines" b*llocks!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I am hearing very good things about those boys, sounds like they know what there talking about.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Best hot chocolate around too ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Totaly agreed - I've had a great time with the car I got through them and they've been endlessly helpful.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
shame they sold the car I was after !!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Err....oopsy. ^^Was that the one I bought? Purple GTR33? Sorry if it was but you can't have it....ITS MINE :clap: :p

They had a white one there as well last time I visited (non V-spec).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts