GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

Just to let everyone know that we at MGTRACING have just UPGRADED our DYNAPACK from 2 wheel drive too 4 wheel drive. This will allow us to give an even better service in mapping and DYNO testing on all 4wheel drive cars

MGTRACING
UNIT 3
COLBEK COURT
HAUNCHWOOD PARK DRIVE
GALLEY COMMON
NUNEATON
WARWICKSHIRE
CV11 6DP

02476 398344

Regards Mark

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I've had plenty of work done by MGT over the years including Mapping...

Great guys are Mark and Garth...

Defo recommended... :)

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
Congratulations and about flipping time mate.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

If anyone on here wants a 'heads up' about MGT then here it is.

They are far too modest and quite about the excellent work they produce!!

They Maintain alot of my Clients Cars and I have received nothing but great feedback about the level of service they have given.

Mark builds engines from scratch for Drag and Time Attack cars for many Sponsored Racer's!

Garth has mapped my own cars to great effect and isnt afraid to push the boundries when mapping, and he is amazingly knowledgable regarding Skyline products and maybe knows even more than me LOL!

I personally know of these guys working out of hours and even without payment to help out Skyline Drivers.

In short, a very good bunch of guys who should shout a little more about what they can do.:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have had my car mapped at MGT twice with fantastic results and wouldnt go anywhere else now. Very helpful and knowledgeable.
Glad you have gone for the other two packs guys - will be seeing you soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Nice one Mark that's some very good news. Good to know someone local has got all the best bits to look after my motor:chuckle:

I'll be coming to see you in the coming week hopefully:wavey:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just got to comment on this post as both Mark and Garth have helped me out loads over the last few years, hears just a post I thought I'd share from a few months ago as about to give up with my car but they convinced me otherwise.......

Hi folks! As some of you may know I've been fitting a Greddy Td06 25G Turbo kit, story goes something like this......
Firstly we snapped two studs taking the old manifold off, but they broke quite deep in the block. Mark at MGT kindly offered to help me get them out free off charge if I could get the car trailered down to them! Anyway, we managed to get them out by welding on to them so didn't need to get the car down to them.
Well on Saturday, after about a month of starting the upgrade we finally got it all finished, as it's been a nightmare trying to source all the bits. So new manifold studs and nuts, new uprated manifold gasket and custom oil feed and drain pipe all bolted on, start her up and it starts blowing like mad from the manifold, an for some reason the oil temp went off the scale!
I checked over everything we had done, but all the bolts felt tight so at this point I decided to give up because it's been a right pain in the ass trying to get everything to fit correctly, ordering bits from all over the place, and as I've been out of work for a good few months now I couldn't really afford to do anything else.
I decided to get the car taken to Mark and Garth at MGT Racing to see what they thought. So yesterday I persuaded the AA to send a low-loader to take the car down to them. So I get there about 10.30 and Mark had a look and told me it would all need to be taken off again (as I was expecting!) as the manifold studs were to long to suit the style of manifold, and upon closer inspection you could clearly see one off the studs was bending were it was catching the manifold pipe.
It's not a nice feeling knowing your going to have take apart something that's taken you sooooo long to to put together in the first place, plus I'm no mechanic and I didn't want the hassle trying to do it myself again, but at the same time I couldn't afford to pay somebody else to fix it!
So Mark then offered to to let me use his Snap-on tools to take it apart and would assist me where needed, I couldn't believe my luck. Anyway I undone a few bolts, but Mark pretty much done all the work! He trimmed down the end off the studs, fitted a new gasket put it all back together for me by just after 3.30, so that's 5hrs give or take.
The best bit is, he only charged me for 1 hours labour and let me dribble over his tool set!!
I wanted to share this, because it's just nice to know that given the current state of everything, there are still people out there genuinely willing to help you out and, are not just in it for the cash.
MGT Racing ROCK!

Thanks guys!:wavey:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Another big vote from me as well.
I've said it many times before but will happily say it again and again.

Since owning the car, MGT have done a huge amount of upgrade work on my car including a complete rebuild and the work has always been top notch with very drivable maps despite the level of tune.

They are always very helpful in person and on the phone where needed.

On one occasion when my ECU dumped its map due to a flat battery, Garth made the 200 mile round journey on a sunday during his day off to re-upload the map as I was unable to drive it anywhere!

·
Registered
140 Posts
about time you got the front dyno :p

ps: do not close yourself in the dyno cell with mark.
Yes, if you do then make sure the extractors are on full power!
Dont know what he has been eating over the holidays but that stuff is weapons grade :chuckle:

·
Registered
396 Posts
good news on the dyno, will be good to see what My 33 pulls with all 4 wheels connected up.

These guys have helped make my time attack car an awesome weapon. first ever seaason and they made a flawless build that ran the whole season and took me home to no less than 3 podium finishes against some pretty big budget teams.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Mark and garth have been a great help in the build and development of my r34 gtr.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Watch this space!

cheers naz

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good news guys!

I can only say good things about mark and garth @ MGT. Not only is there work second to none, they are just such awsome people to know and they will go out of their way to help you.

I first got introduced to MGT through davew :) Basicaly i bought my r33 gtr over 6months ago, soon after she blew up.

I searched on several forums as i wanted the best builder and mapper i can possibly find who knows skylines inside and out. Every post i looked at, not one of them had bad things to say about them.

Through out the re-build mark was in contact nearly every day or so letting me know what was being done, how far do i want to push the engine, what to do next etc... very helpfull.

Im very paranoid leaving my car with any garage (dents, scratches), but @ MGT they look after each and every car like its thier own :)

I will post pics up of the engine build soon.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Really happy to see this Mark :)

PM me a price to stick her on the rollers, really want to see what bhp shes putting down as I havent a clue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
about time !!!

I have known these guy's now for longer than i care to remember, and they have alway's done a fist class job wether it be just giving my car a service and mot or a full engine rebuild.

you see these guys are not just another tunning company but true enthusiasts as the amount of times they've helped me out is unreal, wether it be to go check out a car I'm thinking of buying in there own personal time or changing the transfer box in my car at 8pm on a Saturday evening so i can go drag racing the next day.
They've done all the mapping on my new drag car which made over 802bhp at the wheels and dipped into the 9's on its first outing, which I was over the moon about considering it was still only 2.6 and running normal 98 Ron fuel. They are also designing a dry sump setup for my car at the moment and yet they still seem to find time to tune and race there own cars.
so another big recommendation for mgt

·
Registered
121 Posts
mark see you on monday 18th

ill be seeing them tomorrow for the first time!!!
looking forward to it hopefully they'll fix the r32:nervous:
3hr 54 min drive according to AA route finder :eek:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts