GTR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Better news tonight thank goodness - I'm watched and admired his drives for years , the victories in Spain in 96 in a poor Ferrari which wasn't running on all it's cylinders ( 45 second lead ) then Monaco in 97 ( 20 second lead on lap 5 ) were breath taking and peerless . Get well my hero.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Better news tonight thank goodness - I'm watched and admired his drives for years , the victories in Spain in 96 in a poor Ferrari which wasn't running on all it's cylinders ( 45 second lead ) then Monaco in 97 ( 20 second lead on lap 5 ) were breath taking and peerless . Get well my hero.
Yep, I also remember 1994 in Spain where his car was stuck in 5th for most of the race and he finished second. He always used to give it his all - those mid race quali laps he used to do to make up time were simply the best driving I have ever seen in a F1 car.

When I think back to what a state Ferrari were in when Schuey joined them in 96 it is unreal. He could have driven for any team at that point but he went to struggling team and, along with Byrne, Brawn and Todt, built them up from nothing. I remember in that first year with Ferrari in one race his car broke down on the warm up lap! People like Senna, Prost etc all went to what they thought were the best teams at that time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Read something about a tourist accidentally filming the accident... Must have been shocking to see. Am hoping for a full recovery, but with these things you never know...

·
Administrator
31,566 Posts
Don't. With head injuries you can be kept in induced comas for weeks and weeks before making a full recovery. They are obviously just playing it as safe as possible.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
It's gone very quiet !
Very worrying been nearly 2 weeks & no positive news.
Starting to fear the worst.
It's a brain injury mate. Two weeks is a fraction of a second. It's going to take many, many years for Michael to re-adjust and come to terms with his new life, whatever that may be.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
It's a brain injury mate. Two weeks is a fraction of a second. It's going to take many, many years for Michael to re-adjust and come to terms with his new life, whatever that may be.
oh yes.... hopefully we see him back in a race car!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Not good news in press today !
Quote from brain surgeon if Michael survives he will not be Michael Schumacher. Let's still hope that against the odds he makes a full recovery.

·
Registered
755 Posts
That really is very sad. It does make you wonder, if he does die, why all the greats leave us too soon. I really hope he makes a good recovery, he's a strong bloke and if anyone stands a chance he does.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
All bullshit.

Unless it comes direct from Schumacher team, it is speculation at best.

Family statement.

·
Administrator
31,566 Posts
Exactly, the quote was "even if he survives he MIGHT NOT BE the Micheal Schumacher we know". I.e. Anything could happen. As Trev says wait until the family make a statement

·
Registered
276 Posts
Exactly 6 years since his horrific accident. It's still devastating to remember what happened. This man is a legend, and I grew up watching him compete in Ferrari during the glory days with the V10 engines when I was a younger child. The man helped develop all of my dream car Ferraris like the Enzo (F60) and the F430, and I am still a Ferrari fan because of his accomplishments and development. Nobody will ever compete on his level, regardless of how many wins or championships current racers get by joining a superior team. Schumacher joined a bad team, helped make it something we all know it is today. I know for many of you older folks Senna was an inspiration, but for me Schumacher was, and still is, an inspiration to me. I really hope he is making a recovery during his rehabilitation period, especially considering this is a trauma with the brain.

·
Super Moderator
15,694 Posts
You never see any pictures of him do you.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts