GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell us which Michelin Pilot Sport 4s I should buy please. I know I need 265/35 and 305/30 but when I search these tyres it's showing 3 different tyres, all 4s but it's the letters after. Any ideas people?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Hi, general consensus seems to be extra load (XL) in N0 or N1 compound.

Correct have to be XL or sidewalks aren’t strong enough and don’t buy the K (Ferrari) get the N series as the Porsche ones I believe.

I think they are 99 and 102 load rating front and rear if I recall correctly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
as roger and SKNAM suggest thi is true :)

Reactions: gtrmackem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Correct have to be XL or sidewalks aren’t strong enough and don’t buy the K (Ferrari) get the N series as the Porsche ones I believe.

I think they are 99 and 102 load rating front and rear if I recall correctly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whats the difference between the N and non manufacturer rated ?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,146 Posts
whats the difference between the N and non manufacturer rated ?
Different grip verses wear rate/fuel economy rating in the main.

I went for the standard (i.e. non-manufacturer) ones a couple of months ago mainly because of the wear rate etc as most of my driving tends to be motorway stuff (and then had the tracking set for motorway driving as well).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah spot on ,I fitted the non manufacturer rated ones to my F10 M5 and it transformed it ,I suppose any PS4s will be better than the Dunlop RF tyres that I'm intending on replacing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts