GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yum, just had these arrive for my own car, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, 265 front and 305 on the rear.

Cant wait to try them out later in the week, hopefully should provide more grip than the Dunlops I've currently got fitted!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Also in, thanks paul

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have them fitted now, just got to find the time to take the car for a good blast, sooo busy at the work at the moment....

·
Registered
924 Posts
In for the updates but unless you have run the ordinary MPSS before it will be hard to compare the results.

My prediction is fab in the wet, ok in the dry with much better comfort, less tramlining. (Like the MPSS but grippier and less mileage)

Satan

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
it's been ages since Paul fitted them - maybe he fitted them then smashed the car up.... :nervous:
Or maybe he's on holiday and not looking at the forum?

·
Registered
8 Posts
MPSC2

Had these (albeit 305/275) fitted for about 2000 miles now and very happy with them. Admittedly, have only had the Dunlops previously but enthusiastic driving is dry is totally solid, a softer noise and quieter ride. Pushing round twisty Sussex roads and local motorways I haven't had any unpredictable moments. In wet, notably torrential rain early one recent Monday morning (and accompanying aerial light show...) my MY11 was as surefooted as ever. Helps to have recently been to Sly at Kaizer (great service as ever, thanks) for new front discs/pads but prompt stopping never in doubt. Feel like I want to try the MPSS to compare (and it's a good excuse to drive more miles so I need to change) but at present feel I may regret not going for another set of MPSC2's. Early days though and I'm interested in others' thoughts, thanks.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
bump

Anyone else using these tyres? Reviews?
Toddy have you tried on track?
Paul are you dead? (answer via medium if so pls ;)

It's approaching renewal time and I'm currently on MPSS, which have actually been great for all condition road use and a v little use on track, but they're a little squishier than the RF's on track as others have noted. Actually I've not done a trackday in the dry on the MPSS yet :( but can attest they are good in the wet lol.
I could just replace these as they've been great and I naturally spend 99.99% of the time on the road lol.
I've got Litchfield suspension fitted and haven't yet tried MPSS on track with this but I will 25th Sep at SS :thumbsup:

So I am naturally considering reverting to the Dunlops as a compromise - has anyone got latest prices/availability from personal experience recently? - Blackcircles only advertising rears currently I think and at £350

Steve notice I've not talked about Bridgestones lol.

Yes I know I could buy another set of wheels and put Toyo's on them.:blahblah:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
I have them fitted now, just got to find the time to take the car for a good blast, sooo busy at the work at the moment....
any updates on these Paul?? thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts