GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at changing the shoes on my car from the Dunlop’s.. 265/35 and 305/30.. can get the 265 no problem but in the 305 pilot sport 4s there is no availability ? Any suggestions ? What I’m try9ng to avoid is paying through the nose as there’s none or not many left. Or so it appears..tried the big players and my trusted local dealer but to no avail.. I might give Lichfield a bell, the issue I have is getting the Dunlop’s back if I have them done at Lichfield , depending on whether they have them of course

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same problem last week,could,nt get 265-305 anywhere local,waiting times at 6 places where 4 to 8 weeks.I believe these sizes are made in France,say no more, so opted for oem size ps4s no problem.So thinking about it,what would you do if you had an unrepairable puncture in the 265-305? Summer would be over by the time you can get a replacement.Plus if you get them changed over locally you can get you Dunlops home easier...I know a lot of people hate Kwik fit,they did a fantastic job for me and a brill price..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might consider a different brand maybe but really not sure now as to what to fit.. as I said in a different thread I just don’t like the Dunlop’s for tramlining and more importantly wet weather

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Not the same sizes granted but I had no problem ordering some for the Aston last week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got mine from Kwik fit about 6 weeks ago - they were in fairness very good ! mobile fitter couldn't do them in the van so drove them with my wheels to the nearest KF, did an excellent job and a good price too. You could give them a try, or just keep trying the big players Camskill, Black circles, Oponio,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you go for 255 40 20, 285 35 20 then in mps4s
Always assumed you had to get them in 265 305 when going for MPS4s. Never crossed my mind to get oem size.
Is rolling circumference ok then?

thanks

I had the same problem last week,could,nt get 265-305 anywhere local,waiting times at 6 places where 4 to 8 weeks.I believe these sizes are made in France,say no more, so opted for oem size ps4s no problem.So thinking about it,what would you do if you had an unrepairable puncture in the 265-305? Summer would be over by the time you can get a replacement.Plus if you get them changed over locally you can get you Dunlops home easier...I know a lot of people hate Kwik fit,they did a fantastic job for me and a brill price..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went 255/40/20 & 285/35/20. You dont have to go with the 265/305 sizes its only recommended especially by Litchfield.Rolling circumference is fine as your not changing size.I didnt mind Dunlops as they really work well in dry conditions and are very sticky but as i run to Cornwall numerous times a year i wanted a bit more comfortable drive and Michelins do just that with plenty of grip in bad conditions...

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
What are the benefits of fitting the 265/305 over the standard OEM size? Always have concerns over rolling road size.
Do you really get that much more grip or is it the old boy racer thing that bigger tyres are always better.
Never been able to get an independent view other than Litchfield saying that they are much better and I also assume more expensive.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Everything that is bigger is better,according to my missus....
265/305 are £60 dearer than oem,s at kwik fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What are the benefits of fitting the 265/305 over the standard OEM size? Always have concerns over rolling road size.
Do you really get that much more grip or is it the old boy racer thing that bigger tyres are always better.
Never been able to get an independent view other than Litchfield saying that they are much better and I also assume more expensive.
They fill the arches better, rolling radius is within the required tolerances, and cost difference is marginal, the sidewalls look a better profile compared to the standard Dunlops (less like a truck tyre), and they are far more comfy than the super hard Dunlops. Grip in the wet is also night and day.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I understand the benefits over the Dunlops but what are the benefits of the 265/305 size over the OEM size on the MPS4S's?

·
Registered
60 Posts
if you can maintain the same or very close rolling radius and increase the width of the contact patch then this is the advantage, make sure you look for the N0 MPS4Ss as this is the Porsche approved tyre which has a stiffer sidewall than standard MPS4S.

·
Registered
JM700 MY19 Recaro Widebody
57 Posts
Wouldn't go back to any other setup. Massive difference and the car gets put through it's paces. Also running spacers which helps too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts