GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

**** asked us to give his Black GTR a New Car Detail to thoroughly cleanse and protect the car so he can then keep up the wash maintenance himself easily thereafter.

The car had a few marks in the paint but being a new car nothing horrendous as you'd expect (and why I don't worry about before pics on these details).

First the car was washed and dried with our SP Lambswool Mitts and Uber Yellow Drying Towels. With the Black paint on the 35's being particularly soft we make sure we use the softest, plushest mitts and towels available. The car was then clayed with our SP Orange Clay and Quick Detailer.

A quick run over with a very light polish (Poorboys SSR 1 by machine as the Poorboys polishes work well in the sun) rather than using a non abrasive cleanser as we would do normally with a New Car Detail was followed by 2x coats of Finish Kare #1000P Hi-Temp Sealant on paint, wheels and side/rear glass and a final wipe down with our SP Show Detailer V2. Exhausts were polished with Finish Kare #394 Metal Polish. Tyres were dressed with Finish Kare #108 Top Kote Dressing.

The results... (apologies for the iphone pics)...

Bonnet reflections:

Shiny pipage:

Not a pretty reflection lol....

Awesome reflections even with the cam phone...

Thanks for looking :smokin:
Alex.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What sort of paint thickness readings did you take (If any)

Was there any evidence of orange peeling on the bottom of the doors?

I am just in the process with the help of Paul who details my cars of pulling together a report for Nissan on the quality of the paint work on the R35's, for both White and Black cars.

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Amazing stuff; looks great Alex :D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers chaps.

ScottyB - No readings on these details. It was only a quick once over with a finishing polish and normally we wouldn't use any abrasive polishes on a new car detail.
Orange peel wise, there's some but nothing out of the ordinary on new cars now and it's far better than on some audis/beemers I've seen recently.
We have noticed that the darker the colour, the softer the paint and the black is VERY soft whereas the new White and even going darker to the DMG are far more resiliant to marks.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts