GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was booked in at Middlehurst on Friday for a three year service and optimisation.

When I turned up the dedicated HPC workshop it was all locked up and the white race car was next door in the main dealer. Turns out the dedicated HPC workshop has closed and the people gone.

I left the car, picked up the dirtiest loan car I have ever used and shot off to Manchester aiming to get back at 4pm.

At 3pm they called me to say they couldn't do the optimisation because they couldn't connect the machine to the car.

We returned back at 4:30 where they explained the issue with the optimisation and if we were passing in the next month to pop back. I'm in Sheffield so popping back is not going to happen.

I wouldn't go back; they are used to selling Micra's not GTR's.

The little GTR sales area in the main showroom had the shutter down in the morning and was still down when we returned.

Not sure if you have had the same experience?

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Didnt know it had shut down?? maybe they are just low on staff?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely different experience and not in a good way.

They may be low on staff and that is clearly reflected in the service, or lack of it, you receive.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Didnt know it had shut down?? maybe they are just low on staff?
No, it's shut(ting) down.

Maxster, pop over to AC Speedtech (Warrington) who will be able to do any servicing, optimisation and tuning that you require. They even have some of the old Middlehurst GTR staff working there now as well ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Evo9lution, that's good to know.

There is an HPC at Manchester but not sure how good, bad or indifferent they are??

Have you any experience??

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Unless I'm wrong, isn't this "the" major HPC for Nissan in the UK?

Wonder what's gone wrong, given all of Nissan's history with Middlehurst.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If true leaves me with a problem. I only used Middlehurst. Car suppplied new by them then sold to me. Only ever serviced and MOT'd there. Mapped by them everything. A true Middlehurst car.

Where do I go now? Im near Wakefield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigBen i'm the same as you. Bought new from them and only ever serviced by them.

AC Speedtech, Litchfields or Manchester HPC????

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Warrington is only just down the road from St. Helens so I'd go there tbh guys. Andy and the lads are very good (I travel all the way up from near Cambridge ...; which is why I cannot help regarding Manchester NHPC I'm afraid) and I trust them completely.

I'd give Andy a call and speak to him but there should be no reason why going to an Indy will affect any warranty that you have (check out Google for information on this) and, tbh, the quality of work will be at least as good (if not better) and likely cheaper as well. Plus, they can fit modifications, which may not be possible at NHPCs.

Steve (former Middlehurst GTR Technician) works at AC Speedtech now so will likely already know your car and its history ...

Regarding the closure of the HPC centre at Middlehurst, it seems like John's unfortunate passing was the catalyst. He was so integral to the whole GTR set-up there ... R.I.P. John.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just read about John, really sad I was with him the back end of last year.

A genuinely nice guy......

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Warrington is only just down the road from St. Helens so I'd go there tbh guys. Andy and the lads are very good (I travel all the way up from near Cambridge ...; which is why I cannot help regarding Manchester NHPC I'm afraid) and I trust them completely.

I'd give Andy a call and speak to him but there should be no reason why going to an Indy will affect any warranty that you have (check out Google for information on this) and, tbh, the quality of work will be at least as good (if not better) and likely cheaper as well. Plus, they can fit modifications, which may not be possible at NHPCs.

Steve (former Middlehurst GTR Technician) works at AC Speedtech now so will likely already know your car and its history ...

Regarding the closure of the HPC centre at Middlehurst, it seems like John's unfortunate passing was the catalyst. He was so integral to the whole GTR set-up there ... R.I.P. John.
+1 on the recommendation for acspeedtech, they have been great for me as well, they really look after their customers, and go the extra mile.

and as said Steve is at Acspeedtech now, so brings his vast knowledge with Him.

RIp John.. Top guy!

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts