GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post so please go gentle on me

Been a non active member of this forum since purchasing my 59 plate R35 4years ago, it has saved me a fortune and helped me understand and improve my car a great deal over the years. So thanks guys

Currently at Litchfield stage 4.25 (std back box, very loud :) with mpss tyres

Purchased my car second hand approx 4 years ago from Middlehurst Nissan and had terrible service from the beginning, for the one year of manufactures warranty left on the car when I bought it, it spent over 4 months at Middlehurst and I was driving around in a bloody Vauxhall rental with no sat nav or hands free for all that time.

For the 1st year of ownership my car was serviced at Middlehurst, but after the appalling service I received from them (never once returned a singl phone call). I took the advice from this forum and got stage 1, gearbox update and a warranty from litchfields and never looked back have been dealing with Iain and his team for the last 3 years and have been very happy with their work and customer service.

Ok back to my rant, I have noticed recently some rust on the car where the boot struts/support attach to the body. I Contacted Linda at Middlehursts and was asked to send some pictures to her which I did, heard nothing from her for a week, then I sent a follow up email and was informed my car would have to be inspected by their body shop dept. so I asked what day would suit them (I was told any day during the week). I emailed again on Thursday to inform her I would be coming down the next day. So I took the Friday off work and traveled 60miles to St. Helens upon arrival immediately I remembered why I stopped doing business with Middlehurst 3 years ago. She called the paint dept and I was asked to take a seat, I then had to take a work call which went on for about 20mins, when Finished on the phone I went back to the service desk and was informed by Linda that the paint dept had looked at my car and damage/rust would not be covered under the Nissan warranty as the car was not serviced by them (apparently when they service a car they tighten the nuts for the boot struts and as my car had not been service with them, it would not have been done and thats what will of caused the rust). I was quite amazed by this straight up lie as my car was locked and my keys were in my pocket and had been the whole time, so no one had opened the boot to have a look. After telling her this she then made another phone call and informed me that the person who deals with their paint warranty was on holiday this week, at which point I was even more annoyed as I had emailed her many times that week and even the day before to confirm I was coming. Eventually a mechanic with a spanner and another man came out to my car they both talked about loose nuts causing this problem before even inspecting the damage/rust. The mechanic opened the boot and attempted to move the nut/bolt on the bottom of the strut with his spanner, it would not move at all. He then told me the bolt had stretched causing some movement and paint damage and that it would not be covered under the warranty.

Throughly [email protected]@ed off I left Middlehurst, parked up round the corner and called Litchfields, Iain answered the phone himself (which to me immediately speaks volumes, when the boss answers the phone) remembered me and my car and told me he couldn't sort that problem as he doesn't have a body shop and that I should just speak to a local body shop and it should be a cheap and easy fix. I should of just called him in the 1st place!!!

Any ideas or suggestions from the forum, or do I just get it fixed and never go near Middlehust Nissan ever again?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Stay well clear of Nissan Dealers in general.

You've been fed a crock of shit about tightening bolts preventing rust.
And even if that were the case, why are these bolts coming loose?

I fell out with Nissan when they lied to me too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.