GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks to Chris and his efforts was first out of Middlehursts and probably in record time as well..car is stunning and looks better in flesh then pictures..definetly looks very imposing..was amazed at number of cars slowing down just to take pics..definetly a head turner for now at least..

·
Registered
680 Posts
I can echo those comments too, collected my DMG one this afternoon and the drive back up to Glasgow was great. The car has great poise on the road and caused alot of interest with people taking pics and pulling alongside to gawp hahaha.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

I'm a bit frazzled after blitzing back through pre-Easter traffic, but I'll post up more pics and words tomorrow.

The famous clock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can echo those comments too, collected my DMG one this afternoon and the drive back up to Glasgow was great. The car has great poise on the road and caused alot of interest with people taking pics and pulling alongside to gawp hahaha.
Hey Andy, Congrats on getting your car:thumbsup:. Wherebouts in Glasgow you from as I'm from Glasgow as well & would love to check out your car. Dont get mines until May.

·
Vendor
2,962 Posts
love the numberplate David ;)

We were there yesterday in our R35, lots of GTR's being prepped up..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys....congrats on finally collecting your cars....enjoy!!!

Since the first lot of cars have now left Middlehurst garage.......anyone have any idea when the next lot are due to be given out to customers?? Anyone been given a set date for this??

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think they are getting rid of more tomorrow.

Am sure it is a case of when they get a delivery in they prep the cars and get them to the customers as soon as.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Guys....congrats on finally collecting your cars....enjoy!!!

Since the first lot of cars have now left Middlehurst garage.......anyone have any idea when the next lot are due to be given out to customers?? Anyone been given a set date for this??
I know Middlehursts were expecting another batch of cars yesterday, how quickly they turn them around i dont know.

Congrats to all new owners, the cars look incredible. Cant wait to join you all.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

I'm a bit frazzled after blitzing back through pre-Easter traffic, but I'll post up more pics and words tomorrow.

The famous clock:
David, looks fantastic, ive only 4 - 6 weeks to wait but its going to seem like 4 - 6 months.
BTW are the wheels premium or black edition

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Yup, Premium Edition. A good match for DMG, which is why I changed my order from Black Edition.

However, they had a Black Edition DMG in the showroom and the wheels are NOT black, just very dark grey and they look pretty good too!

Another shot of mine. Chris Rutter from Evo took some stunning pics from this location. Look out for them in Evo issue 131.

It was a truly nostalgic experience for me, returning to Middlehursts after so many years.
It was great to see Andy again and to meet Chris Batho.
Gary who did my handover is possibly the most knowledgeable R35 GT-R person in the western hemisphere!

Thanks to the whole team for making delivery such an occasion. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yup, Premium Edition. A good match for DMG, which is why I changed my order from Black Edition.

However, they had a Black Edition DMG in the showroom and the wheels are NOT black, just very dark grey and they look pretty good too!
So, which was best with DMG? Try not to be biased!

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Premium Edition in my opinion. It looks colour coded.

The Black Edition wheels would look sharp on a white or silver car, and of course, very stealth on a black one like this:

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Totally agree David :thumbsup:

How is the rear numberplate type parking sensors?
Haven't really tested them yet, but at least they don't involve cutting into the rear bumper!

Rear view camera on the MFD would really have been the best solution.
Maybe that will be an option on the Sat Nav cars?

The epic traffic jams yesterday gave me loads of time to play with the MFD settings, great fun.

But the way this car drives on twisty roads is simply extraordinary.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts