GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
David, looks fantastic, ive only 4 - 6 weeks to wait but its going to seem like 4 - 6 months.
BTW are the wheels premium or black edition
Those wheels really suit the colour, theres another thread about a DMG black Ed and the darker wheels dont suit the car as much imo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yup, Premium Edition. A good match for DMG, which is why I changed my order from Black Edition.

However, they had a Black Edition DMG in the showroom and the wheels are NOT black, just very dark grey and they look pretty good too!

Another shot of mine. Chris Rutter from Evo took some stunning pics from this location. Look out for them in Evo issue 131.

It was a truly nostalgic experience for me, returning to Middlehursts after so many years.
It was great to see Andy again and to meet Chris Batho.
Gary who did my handover is possibly the most knowledgeable R35 GT-R person in the western hemisphere!

Thanks to the whole team for making delivery such an occasion. :thumbsup:
but if look at the 2 cars above they are a different colour - the one in the showroom is definitely titanium - you should have gone to Specsavers :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Scudder
Can you get some pics up of your car as soon as you can please (although I understand you'll probably be out driving it right now!)...
Couple of interior pics...

I asked Gary not to have the car washed or prepped so it's still got it's adhesive lines from the shipping wrap and after a couple hundred miles it's looking a bit dull...I'll take a few snaps before I wash and wax it.

Red trim looks much brighter in the pics, probably the crappy camera and my useless skills with it. More subdued than it appears.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
i think MM08GTR is Chris Batho's which is a JDM import, it was on top gear last year in the studio
Yup, it's got the HKS 570hp kit on it and a Connolly leather interior, although that is also in red so looks a bit overwhelming in a red car!

Sounds great though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think MM08GTR is Chris Batho's which is a JDM import, it was on top gear last year in the studio

MM08 GTR is definetly not owned by Chris Batho..when I went to pick mine yesterday MM08 GTR was being moved from showroom into one of the workshops..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Chris will be getting the demo car which comes next week or the week after. The Titanium car will remain in the showroom as the display car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can not believe that grown men who are purchasing such an awesome car are behaving like a bunch of fishwives.
Just for the record, I was sat in the show room when David Yu was taking delivery of his GTR and the photographers were taking the pictures. At that time the GTR in the background was a titanium black edition.
I have to say that in certain light the two cars looked very similar in colour as I even commented on this to Chris Batho when he took us outside to take delivery of our titanium black edition..
It is Quite Possible that after we left they swapped cars around for David but they were incredibly busy and it would have taken some maneuvering.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can not believe that grown men who are purchasing such an awesome car are behaving like a bunch of fishwives.
Just for the record, I was sat in the show room when David Yu was taking delivery of his GTR and the photographers were taking the pictures. At that time the GTR in the background was a titanium black edition.
I have to say that in certain light the two cars looked very similar in colour as I even commented on this to Chris Batho when he took us outside to take delivery of our titanium black edition..
It is Quite Possible that after we left they swapped cars around for David but they were incredibly busy and it would have taken some maneuvering.
Steady on, I only commented because I had a similiar experience to you and was told by Chris and Jo it was Titanium. Just thought upcoming DMG and Titanium owners would like to know what they are looking at. Instead I get some rolleyes...go figure.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think this thread is going off course! it'll end up being one of those on no VDC poblem threads.... lets get back to new GTR's people are recieving :D

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I can not believe that grown men who are purchasing such an awesome car are behaving like a bunch of fishwives..

Think you mean Pussy's ,Fishwives would mean foul mouthed and rough as dog crap .

Anyway if people on here are spending that amount of cash on a car they can act like they want when they pick it up . Good bye:sadwavey:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok, anyone got shots of Gunmetal Grey (Black Edition) and White (Black Edition)

Me and my brother pick up our cars (hopefully next week) and we have both opted for the bumper sensors, LED lights and the carbon fibre extras (damn expensive those wheels)

Will post some photos up as soon as the guys at Middlehursts call me to come and pick it up.

Now i am getting excited too after looking at pics of UK cars. Its been a long wait. Pinch me somebody.

David and all others who have had their cars, glad you are enjoying your purchases. Can't wait to join you.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Are you getting the Dymag carbon fibre wheels?!

Andy showed me those and they're very impressive. He reckons fitting them is the equivalent of adding 40hp due to the reduction in rotating mass...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry David i miss posted. I'm getting all carbon except the wheels as they are expensive and i haven't even managed to see pics of them. I do like the wheels that are standard but cannot justify £6000 on wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Sorry David i miss posted. I'm getting all carbon except the wheels as they are expensive and i haven't even managed to see pics of them. I do like the wheels that are standard but cannot justify £6000 on wheels.
Ah, fair enough. I actually prefer the look of the standard wheels.

So what carbon bits have you ordered?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts