GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since more of the Stagea is GTR than stagea now I am finally considering doing a GTR body conversion on the stagea .

If the conversion happens it will have to be a complete body makeover as stock stageas with the GTR front loook silly at the back IMHO as the GTR front is so much wider

Also I have decided that if I do it it has to be a proper 34 colour.

I had decided on millenium jade but newera are currently selling a 34 fronted stagea in that colour so , nice as it . thats out.

I know that midnight purple lll is uber expensive and really difficult to paint but does anyone know if i MP ll is the same ?

So current thinking is a z tune type bonnet and wings and GTR type rear wings to make the back as wide as the front. Id keep the Stages current nismo vented side skirts and rear bumper
Also if it is possible Id like to fit 34 rear lights as well.

All thoughts appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Brian-as it looks like you're on-line please answer my previous pm's & emails?

·
Registered
345 Posts
owning a MNP2 r32 i would say its just as hard to get the paint, the 2 options you have is to import it or get it colour matched, but that is never going to be a exact match.

amazing colour (i'm a little biast) but a pain when it comes to resprays.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
owning a MNP2 r32 i would say its just as hard to get the paint, the 2 options you have is to import it or get it colour matched, but that is never going to be a exact match.
Ok you'll never account for two decades worth of Sun bleaching on a vehicles paintwork but (going by that above /\) I think you might need to find a better Paint Supplier Mr Morley?!

I also have a "MNP" BCNR33 and managed to get a bloody dam good match when I painted the Carbon Bonnet, Nismo Bonnet Lip & Std front Bumper when I first bought my GT-R almost two years ago now. My Trade Paint supplier also knocked me up a large aerosol can in the same colour for stone chips and other touch up jobs in the future, This only cost about a quid more than a mass produced large paint does (i.e. £7.99) from places like Halfords. So it wasn't particularly expensive when compared to any other colour paints I've bought and "MNP" also covered the car parts very well too without the need for a similarly coloured purple paint to be used first as a base coat!

JM2PW!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ok you'll never account for two decades worth of Sun bleaching on a vehicles paintwork but (going by that above /\) I think you might need to find a better Paint Supplier Mr Morley?!

I also have a "MNP" BCNR33 and managed to get a bloody dam good match when I painted the Carbon Bonnet, Nismo Bonnet Lip & Std front Bumper when I first bought my GT-R almost two years ago now. My Trade Paint supplier also knocked me up a large aerosol can in the same colour for stone chips and other touch up jobs in the future, This only cost about a quid more than a mass produced large paint does (i.e. £7.99) from places like Halfords. So it wasn't particularly expensive when compared to any other colour paints I've bought and "MNP" also covered the car parts very well too without the need for a similarly coloured purple paint to be used first as a base coat!

JM2PW!
I had some repair work done on mine and the MNP paint he got was pretty much bang on. I am a bastard for detail and i cant tell the difference! If i didnt know what had been done i couldn't tell you which bits had been reprayed!

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive done a bit of research and it appears that MP3 is the only silly cost paint i. Apparently this is because it is a really ott flip
Hopefully LV4 which is MP2 and a 34gtr colour can be sourced without the cost being much ove rnormal paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts