GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve just been in contact with the local paintshop, because my midnight purple R33 needed to have the frontbumper + rearwing painted...

He told me, that the paint alone costs 320£ per litre...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely this can´t be right....!!!!!!?????

Has anyone else here had paintjobs done on their Midnight Purple R33´s...???

And how much did You pay for it...????

As far as I can see, it´s a paint company called "Dupont" that makes this colour.... Spies / Hecker or Sickens can´t make this colour...????

Remember, it´s the normal Midnight (LV4) we´re talking about here... Not Midnight Purple II or III.....

So the big question is, if my paintshop is trying to rip me off...???

·
6,821 Posts
The Dragon RX7 Harlequin Pure cherry, costs 500pounds the liter, so the MPIII should be expensive for sure.
Bean can tell us how much, as he resprayed parts or the car I think!
. . .おねがい ベンさん。

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
R33 GT-R is not a flip Midnight Purple - so it'll be same price as most other metallics.
Best go try somewhere else.

Miguel

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
paint prices

When I hjad my front end resprayed (twice, now in 5 years!!) it cost £400 and £350 respectively.

The guy is good, but CHEAP:thumbsup: , but I amsure the paint was more like £130 - £170 per litre? not £320:bawling:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
MPII and MPIII is that sort of price,but normal MP should be under 100 GBP a liter,maybe he looked wrong.

PS: MPII is LV4,is your car resprayed??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EvolutionVI said:
MPII and MPIII is that sort of price,but normal MP should be under 100 GBP a liter,maybe he looked wrong.

PS: MPII is LV4,is your car resprayed??

You have a point there.... It seems like the paintshop has made a mistake... The ordinary Midnight Purple is LP2.... Will try and contact them again tomorow....

Thanks for the replies guys....:bowdown1:

·
R35 Section manager
11,054 Posts
Im not surprised at the price,thats cheap compared to alot of them.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
No problem mate,hope it is like i think.

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts