GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking to get the Midori front upper adjustable camber thingies. Helluva expensive but appear to be up to the job and very well made.

Anyone had experience of these or any of the other Midori suspension components??

TT

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like those bits use metal spherical bearings, not rubber or poly bushings. Won't that give you a very harsh ride? I know GTRs have a pretty hard ride...but...

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anabolic said:
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but from what I have heard there can be issues with these twisting under heavy braking loads.
I'd be very grateful if anyone could confirm or deny this.

TT

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Just my personal opinion............

They don't twist as such but they aren't the best design when under heavy breaking/acceleration loads.

They are the upper wishbone and have to react fore/aft load. A skinny rod is nowhere near as stiff as the rectangular cross section of the original Nissan arm.
Add the higher shock loads from using spherical bearings instead of rubber bushes plus the stress concentration of using a threaded section in bending. It's an engineer's nightmare. A fatigue failure waiting to happen.

I prefer the design of the non adjustable ones from Cusco, Auto Select, Kakimoto etc.

It's no surprise that Nissan re-engineered the upper wishbone properly on the R33 and 34. The Group A 32's also used a completely different setup with a 2 piece wishbone.

3,666 Posts
We been using the ones "like" the INVO,s ones had lots of trouble with the locking rings, had to design our own locking rings.

They dont twist but the locking rings are a very good design and are made out of a inferior material.

The orginals i.e Midori are in a different league very good quality , very good materail and a very good price. But like must things in life you get what you pay for..

Mark

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Guy's for you thoughts.

Mark: So you reckon the real-deal Midori ones are up to the job or do they suffer the same problems as the 'inferior' ones??

I was also thinking of the non-adjustable Nismo arms but would be apprehensive about ordering Nismo arms without knowing what adjustment I need. I feel that the Midori ones offer a more precise set-up.

TT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.