GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had to pick up a car in the midlands (Supra) and I had some time left to visit MIJ Performance. I thought I would visit a 'bedroom parts dealer on ebay' but it turned out it's a freaking big shop with 7 lifts and a lot of projects and work going on. Very impressive. Looked very good. Don't know their work quality but at least someone who is aproaching the business seriously instead of having an old shed in the mud (don't say names).

·
Registered
177 Posts
mij performance???READ AND FIND OUT

don't get me started on these people,not happy,not happy what so ever. DO NOT GO TO THESE PEOPLE,YOU WILL REGET IT!

8'000 POUNDS FOR A NEW ENGINE, NOT A BRAND NEW ENGINE BUT A SECOND HAND ONE!! EXPLAIN THAT ONE ANY ONE!, OH YER I FORGOT DROPPED THE CAR OFF 28TH JAN 2009,STILL NOT GOT IT YET 6TH AUG 2009!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
bloody rip off merchants if you ask me,,, they want £470 for a re-ground crank, but wont actually admit it is a re-ground crank, but refer to it as a "polished" crank??? whats that all about??

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i got a polished crank from them last year and it span all bearings after 400 miles so yeah defoo dont buy from them!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
yeah trust me you are!

then again because of it i now have a mint TR racing built engine so im happy. but at a cost! haha

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yeah, here is quote from SO forum, this guy bought engine of them on ebay :

"Finally engine started. It was nightmare. Oil leak, water leak, leak from power steering pump. Unfortunately engine that was bought in good faith, was put together with others engines. So no any gaskets, not enough bolts, a lot of problems. We needed 9 days to find all the problems, and seal up. I was depressed. A lot of money spent, and didn't know when car will run, and if there any new problems will appear."

R34 gtt rb26 - Skyline Owners Forum

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bought broken head from MIJ. They said it is good condition item. All valves leak, valveguides was dead and it has marks on camshafts and bearings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i got a set of knackered turbos of them was told they were good no refund was given total timewasters with no knowledge of skylines!!!!:chairshot
will never use them even if it costs loads more to go elsewere simply not worth the headache.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I think i was a lucky one then that dint get ripped off!!!!!!!!!! Who was everyone dealing with?? Theres a lad called JAY hes ok there is another guy with half a ear missing he hasnt got a clue of skylines.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
You all sure that's a 1000bhp?? 13 seconds is a little slow or did i misread the screen. My old one would run that it 11 with only around 600bhp :p
Dave.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I ain’t a fan of MIJ, but i did see that car run a 10 and on the run a drive shaft snapped as well. They have spent thousands and thousands on it and they also had a guy from dubal that built it and ran it for him and it still has problems.

I have not heard anything good about them yet, used them once and never had a problem

1 - 20 of 26 Posts