GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically what the title says. Currently my R32 GTR is mapped for Millers 1 bottle per 20 litres for 4 oct numbers and cost about £15 a bottle so an expensive boost indeed.

I'm looking at moving over to NF race octane booster for 6 octane points and £15 to 60 litres - so better boost and far cheaper.

Anybody have any thoughts on this or experience of the NF product?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How did you get on with this?

Where I live, I have very limited option with fuel. One local filling station puts his own additive in 95 Ron, and when he sent it for testing it is 97.6 Ron.

I'm thinking use this with a bottle of NF to a tank, as a short term fix, until I get around to a new ECU and remap for 95.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Quite a few have used klotz Higher Octane Booster on the gtr and skyline platform with good feedback.

Claims a 10 number rise in octane (not points, which is actually 0.1 of an octane number).

The klotz product rises 10 Numbers when added to 17 litres.

5 Numbers added to 35 litres.

2.5 numbers added to 70 litres.

Also provides fuel system cleaning duty and fuel stabilisation if using ethanol or using your car infrequently.

It's about £21 for a pint bottle.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
NF has good write ups and is cost effective. I use various Ethanol protection additives for my WMI and E85. Have not tried an Octane booster in my R35 yet but used them all the time in my MG ZT V8.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've ordered a pack of 6 NF bottles. That should hopefully tide me over until I get a ecu and remap for the pish petrol I can get in the Scottish Islands

1 - 8 of 8 Posts