GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2014 GTR.
I previously had a C63s and loved the sound on that car, but am disappointed with how quiet the GTR is in comparison.

I am planning to get the Litchfield stage 1 with non-resonated Y-Pipe. Will this make the car a lot louder? I've watch youtube videos, but it's hard to determine what it'll sound like in real life.

or should I just go for the full millet system? Anyone who has this fitted, does it drone on idle?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd suggest taking it one step at a time so you don't over do it, you'll need at least a Y pipe to bring some life into it, but for it to sound better / louder than the C63 (love their sound) I'd probably add some downpipes or a full system, depending on your budget :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn’t touch Milltek exhausts
Much better out there for less too

contact auto torque speak time Chris about his downpipes and y pipe

I’ve seen these in person and whoever made this has seriously put attention to Quality and detail and they come with warranty

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had multiple Miltek systems on other high power cars, whilst they seem to strike a good balance between noise and drone, the build quality IMHO is dire ! and unless you are the original purchaser then the lifetime warranty does not apply. The rust like its going out of fashoin and I've had 3 cracked welds on two separate systems,
Also had a few Honda DC5's and there is a guy who makes systems for these (solidfab) OMG they are a work of art, just wish all systems could be made the he does.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've had multiple Miltek systems on other high power cars, whilst they seem to strike a good balance between noise and drone, the build quality IMHO is dire ! and unless you are the original purchaser then the lifetime warranty does not apply. The rust like its going out of fashoin and I've had 3 cracked welds on two separate systems,
Also had a few Honda DC5's and there is a guy who makes systems for these (solidfab) OMG they are a work of art, just wish all systems could be made the he does.
I found the same had one on my E46 M3 and my EVO 8, both rusted, especially the flanges... Wouldn't buy another one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not a for sale post...just might be of use. I've got my old Milltek Y-Pipe laying in the garage if you'd be interested?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I think you can buy the 4” titanium system from whifbitz cheaper than most others want for smaller stainless systems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts