GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Westway Oxford won't fit a Y-Pipe (Not an official Nissan part...:blahblah:), anyone know where in Berks, Oxon, Hants area will supply and fit at a reasonable price, without f***ing anything else underneath?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Any mechanic with a lift can do it in 20 minutes - its just a few bolts!

Go to a decent garage near you - no need to go to an HPC.

David

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Steve at Autotec in Andoversford near Cheltenham fitted my exhaust, get a GTC Y PIPE its more future proof.

Regards

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Not compulsory, but it will run very rich without a remap and may drop a few ponies in high revs as a result.

D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks! Is the mod a reflash or an add on module ... apologies for my ignorance!
Cobb reflash with the naughty ipod from Ben @ GTC or ECUTEK reprogramming via Litchfield - I think both offer a non-boost increase option if you are concerned about the "W".

D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I use the Cobb Access Port to load new maps myself, Ben @ GTC supplied the AP and different maps, each time I upgrade somthing, Ben sends me a new map to upload, no need for a trip to the rolling road, they've already done the testing so its just plug and play!

Remote tuning is the way forward>>>>

·
Registered
196 Posts
warranty

Hi,

I was interested in this modification - but the HPC told me it would invalidate the warranty for any components affected - exhaust and even the engine.

Is the pain worth the gain?

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi,

I was interested in this modification - but the HPC told me it would invalidate the warranty for any components affected - exhaust and even the engine.

Is the pain worth the gain?

Cheers,
Dave
I'd change your HPC! They're talking nonsense. Some HPC's offer Y pipes as an extra when you order the car! You'd expect Nissan not to cover the new exhaust but as for the other stuff...........BS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts