GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

This will be a very exciting journey & the beating heart of what is shaping up to be a very special bayside R34

My previous posts on the “upgrades” in fitting the entire (excluding engine but this will become obvious as to why ) nismo catalogue to the blue R34 continue in the background but this has been planned as soon as the car was purchased & shipped from japan in dec 2020.

When you think “fast response “ RB” one tuner springs to mind … Mine’s

After multiple discussions, advice, note comparing (& ultimately agreement on the project ) with both Niikura-san ( president ) & (Engine builder ) Nakayama -san, I am pleased to say that it’s been agreed that Mines will build an RB based upon the R34 demo car blueprint…but with some tweaks to incorporate some new upgrades such as air flow meters from the R35 & some new offerings which were just released in 2020. This is not a standard Mines 2.8 build and as such costs are appropriately aligned to the outcome.

I am unable to go into final specification, or cost however when you view the mines page there are some parts in Japanese which do not appear in the translated English section (explaining the process & a little more in-depth details )

This was taken one step (possibly 2) further to provide the ultimate as to what Mines could build.

From the outset the mindset of Mine’s in terms of reliability , longevity & ultimate response will be delivered through this engine and Controlled via a Mines ecu. The dedication in ensuring customer quality & service I have been very impressed with.

Everything will be new, from the wiring to the block & head from heritage scheme at omori, combined with the latest HKS 2.8 high response kit debuted (crank , piston , rods etc ) at the virtual auto salon in January

Final engine will be a “drop in” so to be be boxed up, tested & delivered & shipped from Yokosuka to the U.K. for the lucky owner to provide ultimate JDM smiles from its iconic cackle painted RB goodness

Super happy for the owner & combined with the already huge list of nismo pieces will make for an incredible R34

If the famous Hot Version video stated from Orido & Tsuchiya stating “hayasugi” ( too fast !) is any indication to go from. This RB build is in safe hands

Final thank you to Mine’s & other close friends involved locally in Japan in making this happen. The owner is thrilled to be embarking on this journey

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone is interested in the internals

As to what HKS are supplying upon our specification

you can see it here

·
Registered
354 Posts
View attachment 270135

This will be a very exciting journey & the beating heart of what is shaping up to be a very special bayside R34

My previous posts on the “upgrades” in fitting the entire (excluding engine but this will become obvious as to why ) nismo catalogue to the blue R34 continue in the background but this has been planned as soon as the car was purchased & shipped from japan in dec 2020.

When you think “fast response “ RB” one tuner springs to mind … Mine’s

After multiple discussions, advice, note comparing (& ultimately agreement on the project ) with both Niikura-san ( president ) & (Engine builder ) Nakayama -san, I am pleased to say that it’s been agreed that Mines will build an RB based upon the R34 demo car blueprint…but with some tweaks to incorporate some new upgrades such as air flow meters from the R35 & some new offerings which were just released in 2020. This is not a standard Mines 2.8 build and as such costs are appropriately aligned to the outcome.

I am unable to go into final specification, or cost however when you view the mines page there are some parts in Japanese which do not appear in the translated English section (explaining the process & a little more in-depth details )

This was taken one step (possibly 2) further to provide the ultimate as to what Mines could build.

From the outset the mindset of Mine’s in terms of reliability , longevity & ultimate response will be delivered through this engine and Controlled via a Mines ecu. The dedication in ensuring customer quality & service I have been very impressed with.

Everything will be new, from the wiring to the block & head from heritage scheme at omori, combined with the latest HKS 2.8 high response kit debuted (crank , piston , rods etc ) at the virtual auto salon in January

Final engine will be a “drop in” so to be be boxed up, tested & delivered & shipped from Yokosuka to the U.K. for the lucky owner to provide ultimate JDM smiles from its iconic cackle painted RB goodness

Super happy for the owner & combined with the already huge list of nismo pieces will make for an incredible R34

If the famous Hot Version video stated from Orido & Tsuchiya stating “hayasugi” ( too fast !) is any indication to go from. This RB build is in safe hands

Final thank you to Mine’s & other close friends involved locally in Japan in making this happen. The owner is thrilled to be embarking on this journey
In good hands for sure and can't wait to see the final result (y)

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure is. There have been some developments to the final spec but very happy with what’s been agreed. More happy for my friend who’s build it is.

if I was fortunate enough to do this, I would choose mine’s. It was my suggestion to work with them over other options

·
Registered
256 Posts
My personal favorite is everyone coming out of the woodwork on Facebook to talk about how outdated Japanese tuners are these days. I have to wonder if some of that is just sour grapes?

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup funny isn’t It. Appreciate they are not “on the cutting edge” but the tech works & is proven. Looking for a very safe 600ps. mine’s are very comfortable with this approach (they don’t tune to crazy HP)

·
Registered
354 Posts
My personal favorite is everyone coming out of the woodwork on Facebook to talk about how outdated Japanese tuners are these days. I have to wonder if some of that is just sour grapes?
Most of them are clueless hipsters with no understanding of automotive engineering, when it comes to Japanese tuners, there is a tradition and a philosophy to create efficiency, not crazy numbers that can't be used and deployed on the road.
It could be also boyz bands from some non-japanese tuners trying to get a share of the pie, disinformation on social media is one way to shift the narrative to get more business.

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly the comments are fine , the owner wanted Mines to build it and that’s what’s happening

will be perfect 👍

·
Registered
321 Posts
You've given me severe anxiety about my build now Matty. I thought I had pinned 'dream-spec' down but you seem to have one-upped me :ROFLMAO:.

(and yes - I do remember you advising me to get an engine built in Japan.. sigh).

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sadly this is not going in any gtr own but it’s a friends build I’m helping with ( as per the other build thread )

I’d love this engine but I would never be in a position to order something with the price tag attached

will be such a lovely car & this is the very special engine “ icing on top “

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wow! Following 👍🏻
it’s a continuation of this - in case you interested or helps with ideas

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
I need to get back to Japan, I met Niikura-san in Japan when we visited and I took him to Litchfields when he was in the UK in the R35 all those years ago. I saw their new rebuilt R32 car. Not sure he will remember the trip but say hi Matty... looking forward to seeing your mates car!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,666 Posts
Matt, will it retaining the R34 diff ratios or go to 32 diff's as the Mines demo car has?

I think the lower 32 ratios were one of the things that made their demo 34 so notable.

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Scott for now it will retain the standard r34 set up, but that could change if the owner decides

Its more if a road car than anything else

1 - 17 of 17 Posts