GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the instructions are in Japanese, few things I want to clear up.

Do you place the stock gauze block between the two yellow sponges?

Also the cam baffle shields that are on cam caps 3-4 move to 6-7? just on exch or inlet side too?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I can't help you with where they go, but where did you get them from?

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Combat, it's a labyrinth baffle that stops oil slopping down the cam covers and out the breathers. The foam helps filter out the oil mist.

Move both splash plates and reuse the gauze filters.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I get the foam, to condense oil from the vapour. Good idea. I do not believe the oil level on the head get anywhere near high enough to require anything over the stock setup.
There description is very poor and just doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You were also confused, do you use the stock separator or not?

Also the movement of the cam baffle plates from 3-4 to 7-8? on both inlet and exhaust or just exhaust as per the picture?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You were also confused, do you use the stock separator or not?

Also the movement of the cam baffle plates from 3-4 to 7-8? on both inlet and exhaust or just exhaust as per the picture?
Stock separator is not to be used.

Can't remember exactly on the plates but when you move them try fitting the cam covers and you'll soon figure out where they go, cause soon as you fit the cam covers you won't be able to bolt them down, get my meaning?...... There is a position for the plates to be in order the cam covers bolt in place..... Shit l'm on diazepam and tremedol for back pain/spasm... Hope I'm making sense...

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
You use the stock gauze AND the foam.

With studs it's only some that need to be drilled for.
Put plasticene on the studs, baffle in cam cover without sealant, press down, lift, centre punch the centre of each mark and drill. Then clean and assemble with Nissan Red or Honda grey.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ok, with the stock Gauze, look at the first picture, they are placed between the slot that is thick enough for them to fit. Look at the second picture and look as the positioning.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I couldn't find a way to use the stock seperator. Ended up ditching them. I don't see how they can make a big difference if you already have the foam bits in them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts