GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the skyline world and am trying to find out what suspension is fitted to my car. The car is and R33 GTR and the coilovers have a Mines sticker on them. Each coilover has a small canister attached to it . Anyone got a similar setup. I will post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
537 Posts
They are the mine's track suspensions based on the Dynamic suspension.
They should be very good but of course quiet hard for road use.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've got Mines coilovers on my rear wheels but without outboard canisters. Can't complain, my car sticks like glue, but I've been told it's not good to have mismatched coilovers (my car came with Mines in the rear, Teins in front).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car has this suspension all round. What type of springs have you got? Mine are ebach I think. The ride was really hard when I got the car and the car was much too low. I raised it up by winding the coilovers . Now the car sits higher but the rear is bouncing off the road. I have adjusted the damping both ways fully + and fully - but it's still the same. Do I need different springs?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Blackwrx

This setup is made to be used on the track with semi slick tyres and agressive geometry settings, and probably your springs are quiet hard, so it's
normal that it will be slightly hard for every day use as the suspension will start to work well when used harder.

If you want to get something better for road use you can get softer custom springs and professionally rebuild the dampers to adjust the hydraulic, but it would be probably better for the road to get something else.

I use my gtr on the track and I could have been interested in an exchange, I have HKS hypermax 2 on my GTR and they are less harsh than the mine's but honestly they are still not as comfortable like some nismo s tunes or tein flex for uk roads, it depends on what you want.

·
Registered
465 Posts
A bit old, but I'm picking up a set of those Mine's coilovers exactly.

10k/10k, 2 way I believe. Nice set. They retail for 550,000 yen.

Not sure how they ride, but I had HKS adjustable damper/height drag coilovers and had no complaints for the street.

Apexi N1 99 spec were harsh on the road, but nice on the road course.

I'm excited to see how the Mine's feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts