GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have filters, downpipes, decat and GT spec exhaust and a Mines ECU I put in. I've definately noticed a difference in response after fitting the decat.

Last week I attempted the install of the boost controller. I've got as far as getting it all wired up with the control in the engine bay and the headunit on the dash. I've plumbed in the boost sensor to the standard boost gauge vacuum host and on taking my car for a drive the HKS head unit was reading boost OVER a bar! I think it was very erratic and under hard acceleration was reaching 1.06 from memory.

How can this be ?! Can it be that the Mines ECU is making this happen. From reading searched threads it appears the Mines ECU is only supposed to provide the right fuelling for such levels rather than actually raise it itself. I think I'mn gonna get am aftermarket manual gauge installed but wondered if anyone knows.

Cheers
Ad

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Lono9885 said:
So I have filters, downpipes, decat and GT spec exhaust and a Mines ECU I put in. I've definately noticed a difference in response after fitting the decat.

Last week I attempted the install of the boost controller. I've got as far as getting it all wired up with the control in the engine bay and the headunit on the dash. I've plumbed in the boost sensor to the standard boost gauge vacuum host and on taking my car for a drive the HKS head unit was reading boost OVER a bar! I think it was very erratic and under hard acceleration was reaching 1.06 from memory.

How can this be ?! Can it be that the Mines ECU is making this happen. From reading searched threads it appears the Mines ECU is only supposed to provide the right fuelling for such levels rather than actually raise it itself. I think I'mn gonna get am aftermarket manual gauge installed but wondered if anyone knows.

Cheers
Ad
De-cats can play a big part in messing around with boost levels. My car still has the standard boost control (R32), so it's supposed to run 0.75bar but it rises as you go up the rev range, eventually to 0.9bar (0.93bar in the cold). Exhaust comprises of 90mm Trust downpipes and decat 100mm Trust exhaust (no baffle).

If you have an R33, which runs 0.84bar as standard, applying similar exhaust mods may leave you at the boost level mentioned. You should be able to set the new controller to prevent this though.

What does the stock boost gauge read?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 32 btw. The stock boost gauge is reading full boost but that doesn't really help :rolleyes: I just can't fathome an increase to over a bar from just the mods I've done

Cheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dunno if its the same but on the Pulsar a mines ecu raises the boost pressure as well as removes the 112mph restriction and increases the rev limit. Im guessing it'll probably be the same on the skyline.
Also with regards to the 0.75 stock boost level on an R32 GTR, when my boost controller is turned off it only boosts to 0.5? Is this not normal? (sorry for the semi thread hijack)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts