GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know recently there is a few links on this but what I want to knowis how many people have this on their car and is it worth what they are and has anyone had any problems with it at all??? reason I am asking is that the ecu is mapped in japan so the fuel quality is different that is for sure and will it det the engine and cause damage to the engine?
Just out of interest if anyone had problem with theirs ans cause them to replaced or rebuild.

Leon.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My car unbeknown to me had a Mines VX Rom fitted to it when I bought it. The car was running about 1 bar, exhaust, front pipe and inlet for most of the time. It gave me no problems and the car is still running very well but now on a PFC and a few extra goodies with about 65K miles, original engine and Turbos AFAIK.

I think the timing still needs to be checked when fitting a Mines ECU to ensure there is no detenation. The power was pretty good with the Mines, but the Rod Bell mapped PFC is an approvement wrt driveability, responce and to a lesser degree additional power.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have had mine in for a year and as a good basic upgrade it is an easy mod.

Yes you still need Optimax and an octane booster but it runs sweet at 1 Bar but slightly rich.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ideally the timing needs to be retarded to 4 degrees btdc if you plan to run it on uk fuel. Mine was set up like this and it fuels fine and absolutely flies!

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
if you are not the origional buyer of the ecu, you cant do nothing with it. You wont get any sort of assistance or help regards to what kind of map it has, some ecus are more than stage one retail units, but again you wont know.

·
Registered
715 Posts
As has been stated before, a mines ecu is a standard ecu with a different chip inside. This chip is a once only burn so the info cannot be overwritten, just the chip replaced. They also sometimes melt plastic/wax stuff over the chip so it can't be removed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts