GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
full blown, the 580ps mines version of the RB26, 'only' costs 8200 UK.

is there a reason we dont see more of these here?

or do you have to send your engine to mines to let them build it, which costs 8200?

offcourse this is without shipping added etc, so i guess it comes to around 10k?

seems like a good deal imo, you get to keep your 'old' engine, which you can easily sell for +-3k?

Mines Homepage

my japanese is not very good, and i dont have the japanese language converter on my computer...hence the question

·
Registered
717 Posts
on the main page...look at the search section and it is just to the right of the search bar titled "language tools"

Web Images Groups News Froogle more »

Advanced Search
Preferences
Language Tools
Search: the web pages from the UK

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Have you broken up already? ;)

But seriously, £8k for 580ps... there are many other options but you do raise a good point. There are many MINES fans on here, including a few in JP and they haven't gone down that route. I wonder why?

·
Registered
750 Posts
The engine in the mines car is a good engine, but its not the Engine that makes the mines R34 so special.

A couple of months ago it was up againet fujimura yellow R34 which has alot more power, and MCR Z tune.
mines was alot quicker, and with less power, but then yo look at the car in more depth, the fact that the mines car was 140kg lighter than the others and it had wider tires makes you understand.
Its was alot faster in the bends and pulled alot more Gs than the other 2.

Simple is better!! but it doesnt just refer to the engine, its the whole car,

And on that basis the mines engine isnt all that special.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Not to mention those super-cheeky final drive ratios that the Mines cars run... Fair play to them, track cars are about all around engineering.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers skykit:)

But seriously, £8k for 580ps... there are many other options but you do raise a good point. There are many MINES fans on here, including a few in JP and they haven't gone down that route. I wonder why?
thats what i thought. im a mines fan (heck, most japanese companies lol), and i know they have a lot of admirers.

ATFpower, also do a 580ps engine...which is 9.5k.

now that looks very similar to a mines engine if you import it, but from my understanding, ATF need your car for an x amount of weeks, you give them 9.5k and in return you get 580 horsepower.

now if you give mines 10k for an engine, they ship it to you (takes a little while, maybe 6-8 weeks?), but you can still drive your car. then when the engine arrives, its pretty much just as easy to switch the engines about! if you cant do it yourself it might cost about £500 to do so at abbeys orso.

but then, you still have your old engine, which is worth around 3k. sell it, keep it, drop it in a silvia.....

your always the winner!

EDIT:

Not to mention those super-cheeky final drive ratios that the Mines cars run... Fair play to them, track cars are about all around engineering.
yeah thats true.

at the moment im only talking about the mines engine itself, not the whole car, that topic has been discussed a million times by steveN ;)

sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I think we all agree. The MINES car is a package, not just the engine.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
or you could just rebuild your own yourself like me with forgies,cams, arp tomei bits..600 bhp/460ilbs torque £3400..:smokin:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
On their webpage if you look under BNR34 GT-R N1base you see all the other parts, although it doesn't mention the gearbox.

That price is only for the engine, it doesn't include the turbos, ECU, AFM's etc.

My R34 is with them at the moment having a VX-Rom and some other bits fitted. I'm going to have a chat with them about the Stage II engine when I pick it up, as this is something I'm considering next year if the job goes well.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you know they also offer a 2.8 with Tomei internals now? Dino was telling me about it, pricey though!!
mines do that?

thats awesome!

i was on the tomei website earlier...30K (US i think) for a complete engine. thats a bit expensive!

HKS europe do a 2.8kit for £3500 now? seems fair to me tbh!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is it reving so fast because they balance and optimize the weight of a lot of moving parts?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
A quick translation of the engine package from the website.

IN 252°/lift 9.1 mm
IN 260°/lift 10.2 mm
EX 252°/lift 9.1 mm
EX 252°/lift 9.5 mm
Cam escaping processing
Valve spring
strengthening item
Valve guide
PBB

CU

Seat cutting
processing