GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have just bought a mines equal length stainless steel pro version with the AFR adaptor downpipe for my R33 GTR has anyone fitted one or currently have one fitted as not worried about fitting it as I'm very handy just wondering how it sits under the car does it sit low cause anyone scrape issues, also will the standard size gaskets still be the correct size to fit on?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
It sits low and it scrapes if the car has a low ride height. You can get gaskets from places like RB motorsport.

I would have personally have gone for the Tomei Ti pipe. Doesn’t sit as low.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sits low and it scrapes if the car has a low ride height. You can get gaskets from places like RB motorsport.

I would have personally have gone for the Tomei Ti pipe. Doesn’t sit as low.

View attachment 257842

Thanks for your reply and for the picture aswell! I didn't realise it sat quite as low but thank you for telling me, I'll be more aware when pulling out my driveway now as it nearly scrapes now and that's with a greddy downpipe which is standard in shape.

I have bought some standard size gaskets, couldn't get any other sizes than standard 2.5" or 3" I have some 3" already so will fit the 2.5" and hope they are big enough.

Also as you have one fitted does it sound as good as I hope and have been believed it should sound :LOL:

·
Registered
46 Posts
You shouldnt have to worry about gaskets since the mine's downpipe comes with them already. fitting it needs from some "negotiation" with the dp itself. About ground clearance, yes, it sits lower than other unequal length downpipes but is nothing dramatic if you don't have an stanced gtr haha, just have to take into consideration that you have it when going though severe elevation changes.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Thanks for your reply and for the picture aswell! I didn't realise it sat quite as low but thank you for telling me, I'll be more aware when pulling out my driveway now as it nearly scrapes now and that's with a greddy downpipe which is standard in shape.

I have bought some standard size gaskets, couldn't get any other sizes than standard 2.5" or 3" I have some 3" already so will fit the 2.5" and hope they are big enough.

Also as you have one fitted does it sound as good as I hope and have been believed it should sound :LOL:
I think it sounds nice, sound is subjective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts