GTR Forum banner

Mines equal length downpipe from RHD Japan

16K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  tenusiajob 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have just bought a mines equal length stainless steel pro version with the AFR adaptor downpipe for my R33 GTR has anyone fitted one or currently have one fitted as not worried about fitting it as I'm very handy just wondering how it sits under the car does it sit low cause anyone scrape issues, also will the standard size gaskets still be the correct size to fit on?

Thanks

#3 ·
It sits low and it scrapes if the car has a low ride height. You can get gaskets from places like RB motorsport.

I would have personally have gone for the Tomei Ti pipe. Doesn’t sit as low.

View attachment 257842

Thanks for your reply and for the picture aswell! I didn't realise it sat quite as low but thank you for telling me, I'll be more aware when pulling out my driveway now as it nearly scrapes now and that's with a greddy downpipe which is standard in shape.

I have bought some standard size gaskets, couldn't get any other sizes than standard 2.5" or 3" I have some 3" already so will fit the 2.5" and hope they are big enough.

Also as you have one fitted does it sound as good as I hope and have been believed it should sound :LOL:

#4 ·
You shouldnt have to worry about gaskets since the mine's downpipe comes with them already. fitting it needs from some "negotiation" with the dp itself. About ground clearance, yes, it sits lower than other unequal length downpipes but is nothing dramatic if you don't have an stanced gtr haha, just have to take into consideration that you have it when going though severe elevation changes.

#7 ·
I have one and do feel its a touch low, there are better designs out there now in my opinion although I think the mines shape gives it a little more "scream" than some of the other equal length DP's if that's your thing, especially with a Ti system.

#10 ·
My car is lowered but not stupid just a nice even stance loomif that makes sense, I can get over most things no problem.

This is the reason I choose the mines, I was going to buy the tomei TI equal length but for all that extra £££ I thought it ain't worth it as as the mines will basically give the exact same maybe not as loud as it's thicker than the TI.

I have a Blitz exhaust at the moment which I really don't the sound off I feel that will prevent it from sounding as amazing as I hope, any GTR with a HKS exhaust sounds a million times better than the Blitz, it seems it's just loud and that's it with no real tone, so I may change that for either a HKS Hi power or maybe even the Tomei TI exhaust.

#11 ·
No idea about clearance, as I have the stainless steel, it might be better as it won't be as thick due to the TI. No other benefits except the Ti will be a bit more louder and possibly sound a bit different in it's pitch, and obviously the Ti costs a lot more £££ that's about it

#12 ·
No idea as mentioned i have the Mines, as far as I know though I don't think the Mirdori does equal length I think it looks like it is and they mention it but I don't think they actually are as I checked, the only brands that are a "true" equal length are Mines, Reimax, Tomei brands. So if you want proper equal length those are the 100% ones to go for.

#14 ·
would love to hear what it sounds like ;)

I haven't been able to hear what mine sounds like on the road yet since fitting the Mines equal length downpipe :( due to the weather, so no idea if it sounds as good as I hope. I'm guessing the sound really comes into it on the road when the turbos spool

#15 ·
Never drive it yet, seen it a fair few times, but it was at Midori since August until Christmas Day.

This is the front pipe picture (i took it at Nismo Festival many years go)

Midori for me, where the obvious choice (behind Nismo, but i wanted different tuning) on my 32

#17 ·
No its not equal length. i specifically didnt want an equal length downpipe. Also mines dont do titanium (unless that has changed). Tomei items are all made outside of japan on their titanium lines and i dont like their design. They took ages to pull their fingers out on releasing it. The car was built at midori so has their parts catalogue :) should sound nice tho on full chat.

#18 ·
Mines do a TI downpipe system now, it's a lot more expensive than the stainless steel one I have but I have no need to pay out that amount when the stainless will suit me fine and will give me same results as a Ti system without the extra £££. Didn't know the Tomei was made outside Japan that's interesting, though I'll probably get either a HKS Hipower exhaust or a Tomei TI exhaust to go with my Mines downpipe, as my blitz exhaust it currently has I'm not that impressed with.

#19 ·
all of tomei's items (titanium) were made outside japan. its why they were so cheap (well the initial batches) price has probably gone up 50% now but they are a slightly different design.

just checked mines. i think thats been out a while but i bought my stuff at midori about 3 years ago now, exchange rate was better, but most front pipes are around 150,000 yen ish.

most tuners have put up the prices of their Ti systems etc. even Top Secret have upped the price on their 35 front pipe from when i bought mine last year by about 40,000 yen

#21 ·
Had the tomei ti exhaust for a while now and just installed the tomei down pipe yesterday,easy enough to install and dosent hang very low,it’s higher than my sump(trust),it sounds unbelievable,really next level,very happy with it,il try get some pics up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
Had the tomei ti exhaust for a while now and just installed the tomei down pipe yesterday,easy enough to install and dosent hang very low,it’s higher than my sump(trust),it sounds unbelievable,really next level,very happy with it,il try get some pics up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you have any sound clips of the tomeii down pipe? If it’s anything like the mines than I’m sold!!

#36 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Have the full 90mm decated titanium Midori Seibi on my nur, this is by far the best setup I've had in a while. Matty, I actually prefer their craftsmanship more than the Nismo ti products. I believe it is the best 90mm titanium system on the market atm. Have heard the Tomei and honestly it is way too loud for my taste, sounds like a drag car!

Here are some photos of the Midori Seibi 90mm Ti setup

Attachments