GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, im now looking at buying some air flow meters for my R33 GTR.I dont want to use the bigger diameter RB25 etc ones. I have been told the Mines and Nismo AFM`s WOULD BE A GOOD BET. I wil be running around 500bhp. My question is....Where is the best place to buy them ( read this as the cheapest ---Nengun dont do them).When buying new do they come with a warranty? What miles would be expected from AFM`s

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Try Rod Bell, there pritty close to you. I'm sure Newera can sort your out.

Greenline & OO Parts, can probally help as well, I just got some Mines stuff from OO.

It's difficult to say what the warrenty situation is, I would think you get some but the practicallities of sending stuff back to japan is tricky? Buying from the UK is probally much easier.

AFM should last for ages? more than 60k miles??

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Just been on Teiwa website where I've ben looking to get some myself. On here they were 35000 Yen.
I think OOparts as Tony says above are the cheapest at 29800 Yen each. Just trying to weigh up which is the best. Teiwa do credit card whereas OO only seem to do paypal or wire transfer.

TT

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OO Parts

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the OOparts site but cant find how to contact them. I see the airflow meters but how do you know they are Nismo ones--are you going by part number?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOParts

Sorry i have just saw the heading saying Nismo and didnt realise the link above sent me straight to that section...Will wonder around the site and have a look.Thanks..

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I have looked at the OOparts site but cant find how to contact them.
Fill in the quote form (no obligation) for the parts your after. There is a link on the left of the home page that takes you to the form

TT

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
just ordered mine from Teiwa. Hassle free. The fact that they took a direct credit card swung it for me.

TT

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z32

Yeah but these are the larger Z32 diameter, im trying to get the same diameter if possible.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
See this thread about the problem with Nismo AFMs:
No problem with Nismo AFM's matey. Just need set up properly. Even on the Nismo site it clearly states that the AFM's will require some tinkering to be done on the ECU (on a standard car). Those with PFC or F-Con etc etc just need a small tweak to the map.

TT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts