GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
On Sunday 14th Feb (this coming Sunday), The President of Mine's, Niikura-san and Nagahama-san will be visiting the South East ready for a trip to Sumo on Monday.
With this in mind we thought it would be nice to entertain the Mine's guys and so we are holding a pub meet at the Bull Hotel in Wrotham on Sunday evening.
All are welcome. We know this will be a busy time for everyone especially as it is Valentines, and the Pub will be busy too i expect, but it is a nice location and a good chance to meet Niikura-san & Nagahama-san.

This is a GTROC organised event, and so we expect all participants to uphold our usual levels of etiquette. No need to impress the guys with burnouts and drag runs..:D...he's seen it all before and done it better, so best behaviour please guys/gals.
We will be meeting from 8.00pm onwards in the Bar, and hope some of you can join us for the evening.
If we have an overwhelming response, then i will have to cap it at a reasonable number as the Pub is only soooo big.

Meeting is here :- The Bull Hotel
8.00PM onwards

Please copy and paste your names to the list below if you would like to attend:-

1. Paul Creed + 1

·
Registered
696 Posts
Will be definitely coming to this one Niikura sans a legend :clap: :cool:

1. Paul Creed + 1
2. Afer

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
from another thread......

Here is the latest Mines R35 taken on the GTROC trip to Japan in December. As posted earlier, we had the privilege of being the 1st people outside Mines to rev the engine, and what an engine! More like a racing bike than a turbocharged V6 (did anyone on the trip get a sound clip they could post)? PS Thanks to Toni and Simon for pics.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For 25 years Mine's has been an impressive and impressionable name in the tuning world. Speed trials and records at Yatabe and Tsukuba amongst many others and impressive results and wins at The Super Battle. Long time exhibitors at TAS, with continual superior tuning parts...this is an ideal chance to grab a rare chance to meet the men behind the Mine's legend.

1. Paul Creed + 1
2. Afer

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Absoluetly definate

. 1. Paul Creed + 1
2. Afer
3.RSVFOUR

I was going to take the old girl out for valentines day anyway (the stagea that is )

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Damn, too far away for me. This is a great opportunity for owners to meet a legend:smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
It is a shame I'll miss this opportunity, this guy's got the right way of thinking to tune a 35 (and 32/33/34) in my mind :thumbsup:

Matty, you going mate? :smokin:

·
Super Moderator
16,093 Posts
Dammit guys, that's such short notice.:( Plus Valentines day....

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Toni, the schedule planned was short notice to me too. I'm hoping we can still get a decent gathering though.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. Paul Creed + 1
2. Afer
3. RSVFOUR
4. Fuggles (provisional)
5. Hacker

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sounds like it will be a great evening, and well done to Mr Creed for pulling off this coup! Considering it is Valentine's day, and my renewed love with my car, it would have been a real treat for her, if only we weren't already away visiting family. Hope it is a most successful evening.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I met with the two chaps from MiNES this evening. Talking them through their busy week ahead, and working out how they can do all the tings they want to do. Needless to say dinner was great and I was able to convince them to try the best that Britain has to offer. So, it's official Niikura-san likes Guiness and Chicken Tikka Massalla! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
So their English is pretty good then?

I've visited the Sumo Power facility and it is extremely impressive. I can picture them being Mine's European operation.

Hopefully pricing will be more competitive with an official UK/European dealer too.

Tell them I thought their engine kit on my R33 V-spec was fantastic, but I particularly loved their 252/250 cam kit. Radical but effective!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts