GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elvira........ the Wife......

has has a Mini Adventure on the way from work 2nite, and run into one at a roundabout.....

Main thing is shes OK, but the Cars Bumper is a bit bumped, so a bit of straightening is required!!!

Know what happened to the MINI........a Feckin Cracked Bumper...!!!!!:mad: :eek:

At Least its only 400 quid to put it right, and my wife is fine....

Si

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sorry to hear that Si :(

Glad the wife is ok though, I've had two near accidents with New Minis, I think they have inbuilt crash-circuitry...

Good luck with the insurance companies :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Si,
Can't help but feel as if you've grassed her up, and your gonna be for it when She reads this post ;)

Glad to hear that Caroline is OK though. :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh ok!

Just came on to post up my mishap and it seems like you already know!!

I was behind a brand new (he was on his way back from the garage having picked it up) Mini Cooper S at a very big roundabout.

The guy was dithering, so I sat and waited, watching him. There was a huge gap, as in completely clear, and he started to go, so I looked right, still completely clear, and drove right into the back of him.

He got out, ranting and raving that he'd just picked it up, brand new and was being "cautious".

Any of you who know me can imagine how I reacted.

He rang me and quoted £433. There was a tiny crease in his rear bumper. Mine is f**cked.

So.....I went to his house with a cheque last night cause my excess is £500. He lives in a £1/4 million house, has a new 7 series BMW in the garage, his wife has a BMW Z3 (she doesn't work), his son has a Lotus Elise, and the guy had just bought the Mini as a "semi retirement present to himself".

He admitted that he had got the wrong gear and stopped after he had started to go, and that he had done it himself several times at roundabouts and has no no claims discount, and he also reversed his BMW into a skip in his courtyard recently.

He also had the nerve to give me advice on how to fix my bumper.

I am not happy, I feel a tit, and anyone who can remember my last incident with my front bumper will understand why, only this time I wasn't being a dick.

Thanks guys for your concern. My pocket and my ego are severly bruised, but I'm OK. I'll post piccys tomorrow.

Caroline:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
425 Posts
He admitted that he had got the wrong gear and stopped after he had started to go, and that he had done it himself several times at roundabouts and has no no claims discount
If it was me I'd cancel the cheque and tell him where to go:mad:

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Wow Kempy, I like your way of thinking :D

I was thinking along the lines of 'Phone the bank, bounce the cheque', see if he can be bothered to claim you'.

·
Registered
241 Posts
if anyone made me bump my car like that, i doubt he'd be walking for much longer.

What a twat!

At least no one was injured. and the Skyline isn't too bad.

The mini, well, they on;y just qualify as cars dont they!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Accident

Glad you are ok.
This might cheer you up a bit. Been there done that!
Many moons ago driving a Bedford CF 230 van.(2.3 petrol engine very fast van in 1979). Approaching a give way at a T-junction behind a Vauxhall Cavalier, both turning left. Both slow down to almost stopped and look right, road clear, Cavaliers' brake lights go out and we both accelerate but he stalls and I hit him hard enough to write his car off. Van damage? two broken spotlights. For those who know Aberdeen it was coming from the airport at the junction with the Inverurie, Aberdeen road, before there was a roundabout there obviously.

Vernon

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Caroline,

Glad to hear you was not hurt. Sorry about the car.

Cancel the cheque. Tell him you want three quotes first. When you have seen them (as is standard industry procedure) then tell him you want to get them assessed - which is an excuse to do nothing for a month. Then send him a cheque in the post (second class). That should mean he gets his cheque after Xmas and after his semi-retirement?

Why be nice to the guy, play him along the [email protected]

Semi-retired? Was it just his brain that's retired. Body to follow shortly?:D

John

·
Registered
239 Posts
Once again, thanks guys for your support.

I suppose I just wanted the w**nker off my case. I was more concerned about my boy waiting for me at school (Friday's the only day I can get away from work to pick him up myself), so I was dead flustered. I was also stressing hugely about what Simon (Draxx) would say.

Suppose I was just being a good upstanding citizen. Sadly it's kinda stuffed Christmas a bit. I could say another lesson learned, but what lesson - how to drive like an old doddery f**kwit - I've got a Skyline for God's sake!!!!

I've got a week off work this week, so my time with the kids at half term will now be taken up with me lying in the drive taking the bumper off - I can't expect Draxx to come home from a day's work and start on my car in the dark.

Oh well, it's our 1st wedding anniversary on Thursday and we're going to the motorshow, so I may be a little happier then.

Caroline:rolleyes:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Eh up duck, ow at?
:D
Give me a bell if you need a bloke with a bag of spanners...:)

....got a new bumper then? Or repairing it?

Take care you two

JonB

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Draxx the Body Bodger to the rescue again!!!

Got strong arms u see!!!

Si

;)

Thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Happy 1st Anniversary

Caroline & Simon,

Just wanted to be the first one to wish you both a very Happy Anniversary on Thursday.

Sorry to hear about your car, but Im glad you weren't hurt.

Give me a call when you can.

Claire

1 - 20 of 20 Posts