GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has ab idea what possibly could be causing my gtr to miss fire at 5000rpm.
Car starts and idles fine. Just when I hit 5000rpm it miss fires.

I've changed spark plugs - same.
Changed coil pack harness loom - same.
Changed coil packs - miss fire no way near as bad with new coil packs but still not right.
Could it possibly be ecu fault? I've had little bit of trouble with ecu since buying the car. They fitted it under the passenger foot well loosely and vibrations/movement caused the car to completely die. With a little adjustment and securing it properly it hasn't done it since. I drove it after this and there wasn't a miss fire but a week later it developed the miss fire.

Cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has ab idea what possibly could be causing my gtr to miss fire at 5000rpm.
Car starts and idles fine. Just when I hit 5000rpm it miss fires.

I've changed spark plugs - same.
Changed coil pack harness loom - same.
Changed coil packs - miss fire no way near as bad with new coil packs but still not right.
Could it possibly be ecu fault? I've had little bit of trouble with ecu since buying the car. They fitted it under the passenger foot well loosely and vibrations/movement caused the car to completely die. With a little adjustment and securing it properly it hasn't done it since. I drove it after this and there wasn't a miss fire but a week later it developed the miss fire.

Cheers
I think the next step would be to change the Ecu sounds like its been knocked around quite a bit could have damaged the circuitry inside

·
Vendor
480 Posts
What state of tune is the car? Modified/Remapped?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts