GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thread on here a while ago about a missfire I had, and thanks to you guys the problem was fixed. (Coilpack)

Now I have another problem which appears to be a missfire, but only occurs after being in a que of traffic either still or slow moving, or the engine's been turned off for up to half an hour and then re-started. So it only appears to happen when the engine's really hot. Give it a good rev though and it sorts itself out! :confused:

Could this be another coilpack problem or maybe the soildered joints in the AFM's being dry, this has recently been suggested to me.

Any help would be appriciated

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's along the same old lines, "missfire".

But this only happens when the engine is at it's hottest, would either the coilpacks or the MAF be affected by excess heat?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Had a similar recurring problem hot in slow traffic and after endless months of experimentation and irritation eventually changed the AFMs at TR for new. Problem now gone, I can report.

·
Registered
677 Posts
good call on the afms ..get a can of electric contact cleaner and clean your afm's. The electrode that hangs down gets dirty.. this should be carried out ever 3 -6 months for no reason at all.. or go link ecu no afm's..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts