GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im new here and in need of some help. I have a 1990 R32 GTR, which has a misfire. It only happens when the engine has been driven for half an hour or more and from about 2500rpm to 3500rpm. I have tried various different things such as spark plugs, coils, ecu and AFM's. I have a feeling it might be something to do with fueling, such as fuel pump as it gets worse when there is little fuel in the tank. Does any one have any idea's, or suffered the same prob?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Have a voltage sensor fitted and see if that's the cause. There seems to be a few cars that develope a voltage drop at certain revs after they've warmed up. the reason it may go after 3500 rpm could be to do with you getting the voltage back up to a decent level again. Don't forget Japanese cars are not renouned for their wiring generally.

Have you also checked the altenator and belt? it maybe that is worn and can't keep up with the voltage demand

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
just had the same problem - swapping the ignitor for a less used one fixed the problem. The car ran worse on a low tank as well - what that has to do with a faulty ignitor I haven't the slightest idea. Your car is probably still more or less misfiring past 3500rpm, you just can't hear/feel it.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Can you still get NEW, unused ign amplifiers???
£££ anyone

TT

·
Registered
234 Posts
agreed ign amp i replaced mine couple of weeks ago got one from a scrapped gtst same part number missfire free ever since(it gave the impression i had a faulty coil on cyl 4 as it went dead intermittantly)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Geez! You guys in the UK LOVE being ripped off hey?!
They are $375 NEW and thats canadian prices.

Same problem with my car, it was the ignitor, thats how i know the price. [email protected] FEAST got it for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts