GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of running theses any problems with tyre pressure sensors and should I use nitrogen or just normal air.

Cheers shed

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
No issues with TPMS mate and I run normal air without issues as a lot of guys on here do.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
I have mine at 34psi cold, any lower and I found them over bouncy at higher speeds..

Personal preference tho, great tyres in wet and dry and they seem to be quite hard wearing as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have mine at 34psi cold, any lower and I found them over bouncy at higher speeds..

Personal preference tho, great tyres in wet and dry and they seem to be quite hard wearing as well.

+1, I started out at 29psi and felt the car was easily unsettled on uneven surfaces, 31psi was better and now 33psi is the best so far; also much improved ride comfort. Going to try 34psi this week

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
+1, I started out at 29psi and felt the car was easily unsettled on uneven surfaces, 31psi was better and now 33psi is the best so far; also much improved ride comfort. Going to try 34psi this week
you are doing the same experimentation I did

check it here -
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/211961-recommend-tyre-pressures-mpss-2.html#post2409145

and I'm still on 34psi cold

ok over the last few weeks I have been experimenting, ive got 275/305 and it really does seem to help with keeping the tail to the tarmac, wet grip i find 100% better than the bridgestones

All cold psi -
32 bouncy but comfy no comfort mode needed
33 comfy not too bouncy!
34 harder with minimal bounce , need to use comfort if want soft ride
35 hard, looses the comfort of the ride for me

I'm staying on 34 for now..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wish I'd seen your post earlier, would have saved a lot of uncomfortable test runs! :)
are you on a my09/10 suspension or my11+?

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Wish I'd seen your post earlier, would have saved a lot of uncomfortable test runs! :)
are you on a my09/10 suspension or my11+?
my09 ... well overall its personal preference.. that's what was best for me... so some testing to see what psi is best for you is a good idea..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts