GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here run a mixed cam setup on their GTR's?

I have found some 264in 272ex cams for sale and wondering if they would be any good for my setup?

Would i gain/loose torque lower end? I have read that the inlet side of the 26 head flows 40% more than the exhaust side so would this setup compliment it?

I am running a precision 6266 dual ball bearing turbo with the .84 exhaust housing currently on a stock engine.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows?

Can anyone recommend a good cam setup for my turbo which has some nice low down torque?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I had 264 inlet and 272 exh cams in my rb30. Seemed to work well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Un read the fact that the head flows 40% more inlet than exhaust......its about as useful to port performance as the temp of the beer in your fridge.

The split setup can work well, but it really depends what you 'need' in terms of your target. It will work yes, but better than?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Un read the fact that the head flows 40% more inlet than exhaust......its about as useful to port performance as the temp of the beer in your fridge.

The split setup can work well, but it really depends what you 'need' in terms of your target. It will work yes, but better than?
Better than the stock cams.

I havent had the car mapped yet so thought i would get some cams before its all done just need to know the best ones to get for my setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts