GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from picking up my latest monster. MM2 is now safely back in Aberdeen gently running in it's 900 bhp motor.

Drove from Telford to Aberdeen yesterday 400 plus miles and she never missed a beat.

Running Boost just short 1.5 bar at the moment so pretty tame for Mad Medusa's old engine.

The lary 285 cams do make for a lumpy run below 3000 rpm but boy do they come on song big time above 5000 rpm.

Many thanks to Cobb and Tim for taming and tuning the beast which at one time we had doubts with those cams but all is well and with some fettling will improve. Great to be back on Cobb again just so user friendly. :bowdown1:

Also loving the Carbon Duck tail it looks so much better than OEM spoiler, so thanks to Knight Racer it looks great but really needs the Bonnet to match special price (Hint hint)

Plans for later are bigger injectors and a bit more boost but for now we will break her in gently. PPG box is defo a bit noisier but we had no drama's on the long run and all temps and pressures were spot on. Of course I stayed well within safe running limits:runaway::runaway:

Thanks Kev, Amar John and Gavin for getting Medusa back to me as promised and I look forward to bringing her back to your new shop for further developments.

Hope to see lots of you at the Jap show Finale:wavey:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Been to Telford a few times with work canny drive that.

So whats the end goal? 1000-1200bhp daily driver that will last 40-60k miles without any rebuilds etc?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been to Telford a few times with work canny drive that.

So whats the end goal? 1000-1200bhp daily driver that will last 40-60k miles without any rebuilds etc?
Will stop at 1000 BHP on pump gas and will use as a daily driver. 40K miles I have my doubts but will probably refresh engine at 10 to 12 K miles.

So good to be back in a R35 again:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Will keep an eye out for it.

10-12k is not long but I guess if you "use" the 1000bhp things will wear quickly. Still huge power for the road. Must be awesome.

If I bump into you you must take me for a spin:)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Congrats john, you and gently running in the same sentence? Did i read that correctly?

Enjoy the car mate.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I also have one of the ducktails and think the car looks fantastic with it, much better than standard. I prefer the colour coded look, but if you MM2 is black, then its not too far off ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have one of the ducktails and think the car looks fantastic with it, much better than standard. I prefer the colour coded look, but if you MM2 is black, then its not too far off ;)
Looking at Dry Carbon Bonnet now:chuckle: then a wrap on the rest as the Silver is Sh-t.

Have a few niggles to sort but overall MM2 has the power:cool:

·
Vendor
3,007 Posts
And the mad man from Scotland has paid a visit for some carbon aero upgrades...

so far he's had:
- KR GT1 Full Dry Carbon Hood
- KR Full Dry Carbon Front Fenders
- KR Carbon Front Grille
- KR Carbon Logo Emblems
- KR Carbon Fender Vents
- KR Carbon Mirrors
- KR Carbon Ducktail
- KR Carbon Front Lip
- KR Carbon Side Skirts
- KR Carbon Rear Diffuser
- KR Carbon Diffuser Blades

Couldn't take any photo's until we booked a valeter in as he drove 7 hours from Aberdeen!

So here is how she looks for now.... He has more plans on the way.... starting with full dry carbon bumper, doors, roof and possibly rear quarters ;) Yes it is going carbon mad! :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Medusa is going Back to Black

And the mad man from Scotland has paid a visit for some carbon aero upgrades...

so far he's had:
- KR GT1 Full Dry Carbon Hood
- KR Full Dry Carbon Front Fenders
- KR Carbon Front Grille
- KR Carbon Logo Emblems
- KR Carbon Fender Vents
- KR Carbon Mirrors
- KR Carbon Ducktail
- KR Carbon Front Lip
- KR Carbon Side Skirts
- KR Carbon Rear Diffuser
- KR Carbon Diffuser Blades

Couldn't take any photo's until we booked a valeter in as he drove 7 hours from Aberdeen!

So here is how she looks for now.... He has more plans on the way.... starting with full dry carbon bumper, doors, roof and possibly rear quarters ;) Yes it is going carbon mad! :chuckle:

Thanks for the great work Albert. Saving now for the rest so Medusa will be Back to Black the way she should be albeit in PURE CARBON:chuckle:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looking good John , looking forward to seeing the MM2 progress

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking good John , looking forward to seeing the MM2 progress
choices now????......bigger turbo's or change CAM for less power. No Choice really is there??

KK need more power!!!:eek::eek::eek:

More Carbon to come as I want all exterior gloss fibre:)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It will look good in my rear view mirror at Pod, John!

·
Registered
808 Posts
choices now????......bigger turbo's or change CAM for less power. No Choice really is there??

KK need more power!!!:eek::eek::eek:

More Carbon to come as I want all exterior gloss fibre:)
What turbos are you on at the moment john ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mickey Mouse ones. Accountant has warned him any play outside agreed rules is red card!

·
Registered
808 Posts
So you going to step upto GT35 size turbos ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts