GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the wonderful things about having an attic conversion is that there LOADS of useable space for storage.

The downside, however (if you're like me) is that periodically you find that there's so much [email protected] in there that the mass of all the junk in your attic means that it's almost about to collapse in on itself under it's own gravity field and become dark matter, which would then sink to the core of the planet, progressively destroying the earth and every other inhabitant on it...

Soooooo.... time to tidy it out I guess :D

I've spent the entire day up there, found all sorts of stuff I'd forgotten about and been generally trying to sort it all out into the usual keep/bin/sell/WTF-is-that? piles.

I've been up there today since 9am, leaving the missus to her own devices. So imagine my surprise (and delight) when she comes up to the attic, drags me off downstairs and up to a closed kitchen door.

Open door...

Voila - full Sunday roast dinner :D :p :p :smokin:

Roast chicken, loads of veg, Yorkshire puddings galore, roast potatoes, boiled new potatoes, and a HUUUUGE gravy boat, full to brimming :D

She'd kept the kitchen door closed all the while so that not a whiff of it got up to the attic. Bless her little cotton socks :D

So as I sit here, nicely full with a warm toasty feeling inside, enjoying the odd meaty burp and quite possibly on the verge of nodding off, I thought I'd share my well-fed warm huggy feelings with you all.

Happy Sunday everyone :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
:D well ive had a mission and half all day going to replace my busted iRiver, which decided to throw in the towel last week. After argueing with countless dumb teenage customer service representatives it appears iriver has become bankrupt and wont fix my H10, oh joy :mad:

Finally got a credit note from currys and tried to get myself an ipod video. Non in stock :( having walked 2 hours to another currys in town, discovered i was £2.58 short.

Not such a nice sunday for me

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Well. I was wanting to whip the coils and plugs out the Skyline, but snow stopped play, I did manage to sort out some measurements for the house im planning to build, Rest of the day has been spent just pottering about doing not much of anything usefull.

Mark.

P.S. Managed to put my dartboard up tho, anyone fancy a game ?

P.P.S. Jim, You are one lucky fella.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
good story Jim. gravy burp lol:D
We are going out until it snowed, so watched extended version of alien vs preditor with Barb (my wife) bringing me cans of guinness from the fridge.
Watching Saw for the 1st time last night was better but aliens and predators and guinness and leather sofa were good enough:smokin:

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neale said:
:D well ive had a mission and half all day going to replace my busted iRiver, which decided to throw in the towel last week. After argueing with countless dumb teenage customer service representatives it appears iriver has become bankrupt and wont fix my H10, oh joy :mad:

Finally got a credit note from currys and tried to get myself an ipod video. Non in stock :( having walked 2 hours to another currys in town, discovered i was £2.58 short.

Not such a nice sunday for me
If you're after a replacement I notice that Falcone's selling his iRiver in the For Sale section...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts