GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently insured with Admiral on a multi car policy. I'm wanting to start modifying the GT-R shortly, taking it to a Stage 4, approx 620bhp. I have phoned admiral and it seems that when you start talking mod's they lose the plot. For a start they just told me they can cover me with an engine chip but not a remap :confused: and when I started talking about injectors it confused them even more!

I'm 23 and currently pay 1500 quid for my GT-R and Clio on the multi car. Can anyone recommend an insurer that would cover someone my age on a stage 4? Have spoken with a few brokers but not had any luck so far :eek:

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
726 Posts
speak to competition car insurance, CCI. They have always been very competitive, and with added trackday cover.

85 Posts
I'm currently insured with Admiral on a multi car policy. I'm wanting to start modifying the GT-R shortly, taking it to a Stage 4, approx 620bhp. I have phoned admiral and it seems that when you start talking mod's they lose the plot. For a start they just told me they can cover me with an engine chip but not a remap :confused: and when I started talking about injectors it confused them even more!

I'm 23 and currently pay 1500 quid for my GT-R and Clio on the multi car. Can anyone recommend an insurer that would cover someone my age on a stage 4? Have spoken with a few brokers but not had any luck so far :eek:

Cheers,

Chris
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
-1 on Adrian flux also I had a car for 3 months and they enforced a years policy cost on me would never use them again :popcorn: meow!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
-1 on Adrian flux also I had a car for 3 months and they enforced a years policy cost on me would never use them again :popcorn: meow!
greenlight just did it to me I had 6 or 7 months left of policy and they sent me a cheque for £9 ! I threw it in the bin I was insulted tbh.
there all the same though you never get much back finishing early.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I found competition car insurance the most reasonable for my modded Gtr the company's on the forum were nowhere near as good

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
a-plan have been great for me today.

Last year I couldn't get insured on anything over Litchfield Stage 4 but they have managed to get me insured for £300 less than I paid last year as well as saying I'm able to go for even more power!

·
Registered
199 Posts
CCI won out for me, almost Half the price of some of the others suggested. Bargain!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts