GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my GTR 2 months now and absolutely love it.
After spending 10s of thousands of pounds on my supra, I vowed that I was going to enjoy the GTR more and not go crazy with mods. I even sold my usually daily driver and decided the GTR would be my every day car which my supra simply just could not.
Unfortunately, modding is a bit of an addiction, like any other drug or high, once you start you just can't help yourself, and before you know where your at, it's all spiraled out of control again. I'm seeing a very slippery slope for me with the GTR as I did with the supra.

So 2 months ago I bought myself a nice low Milage 59 premium edition GTR in DMG. 2 months down the line, the spec is as follows.
Litchfield intakes
Miltec catback
Miltec y-pipe
Russ fellows downpipes
Litchfield injectors
Blitz BOVs
Full set of polished intercooler hard pipework
Upgraded gearbox circlips
ECUTEC stage 4 with Motorsport remap
Motorsport gearbox remap
Carbon cold air feed in front bumper
Carbon intercooler panel
Carbon eyelids
Carbon from splitter
Carbon wing vents
Carbon high level rear spoiler
DRLs

Next jobs are:-
carbon diffuser and diffuser fins,
Carbon skirts
4 rear light conversion
(Possibly) carbon bonnet
Light smoke tint on windows
Lowered a little
Nice set of 21" wheels and tyres.
Subwoofer upgrade
Sound deadened

After that, who knows. My supra was close to 1000hp, but wether I go big power with the GTR, I'm not sure yet as it's great fun to drive as it is.

Anyways, just thought I'd share as I'm totally feeling the GTR love right now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I no how you feel,
Over the last 10 or so years, I would have paid for my house twice.
But you only live once..:bawling:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think the only advice I can give you mate is that it was easy to make the Supra better, as you did! But, it's easy to make the GT-R worse, if you start playing on wheels and suspension.

Get wheels that are close to stock weight and then the suspension will be key, you'll want to retain the factory control?
The rest are cosmetic, so you're OK there :)

I'm not going much further other than a Litcho suspension kit - and then I'm still thinking of selling up after the summer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the only advice I can give you mate is that it was easy to make the Supra better, as you did! But, it's easy to make the GT-R worse, if you start playing on wheels and suspension.

Get wheels that are close to stock weight and then the suspension will be key, you'll want to retain the factory control?
The rest are cosmetic, so you're OK there :)

I'm not going much further other than a Litcho suspension kit - and then I'm still thinking of selling up after the summer.
Just springs big G. I like the stock active setup.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Only £115k on my R33 and £20k on the R35 !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts