GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Have just found this site - thank you for an opportunity to post a question.

Even since I saw Jeremy Clarkson demonstrate a Skyline on Top Gear many years ago I have loonged for the chance to own a beast - at last in my late thirties I can afford one.

I am looking to caress the techi geek in me and want/need the model with all the flash computer toys - the monitor showing the G-force, where I can plug a laptop in and play with all settings including the KPH/MPH settings etc etc.

Yes I know I'm a sad b****rd but I have a childhood/teenager dream which I need to fill but I have no idea which model I need to look for.

Any advise would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dotnet said:
I am looking to caress the techi geek in me and want/need the model with all the flash computer toys - the monitor showing the G-force, where I can plug a laptop in and play with all settings including the KPH/MPH settings etc etc.Thanks Matt
That'll b the R34 GTR then.. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply NuttyRB26,

Are there different specs or model versions to look for or any R34 GTR will have it.

What are they like as cars reliable, ugly underpowered etc etc?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
will be r34 gtr.
made me chuckle a bit, "at last in my late 30's can affored onne", and yet unsure of which model. there is about £20000 difference between an r32 gtr and an r34 gtr. would make sure you definatly want that model and that you can definatly afford it.lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dotnet said:
Thanks for reply NuttyRB26,

Are there different specs or model versions to look for or any R34 GTR will have it.

What are they like as cars reliable, ugly underpowered etc etc?

Thanks
Matt
Ther are lots of different model versions 4 the R34 GTR, The V-spec, V-spec II, M-spec, V-spec II Nur, M-spec II nur and N1 (i don't know of any others that are non-nismo) I don't know if they are reliable or not, They are sirtenly not ugly and they are not under powered (between 276 and around 320 in standard from) A stage 1 tune will see you to around th 400 BHP mark.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
if i remember rightly the nur spec was the highest spec but would imagine mega bucks, depends what your budget is i supose as i said it varies so much. im sure sumo power has an r34 gtr for sale blue, tuned too, about 50000, or the top secret gold one on auto trader for £70000, theyd both be pretty quick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I could be of service Mava_Rules :p

Yes! I appologise for showing my ignorance.

For such a long time I knew I couldn't afford one and became out of touch - I am now in a position that I might be able to afford one.

I was just asking a question.......

So is £20k the normal starting price for an R34

Matt

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'd say your going to need at least 10k more for an R34 GTR.

20k will get you a very tidy R33 GTR though!!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The R34 GTR is the one you are after if you want the most up-to-date model with the TV monitor in the dash.

There aren't many standard models about, but most are only obtained by the fairly successful people as for a good car you will still be looking around the £30k mark.

People have seen then advertised for as little as £24k but for that money I would be very wary - old rule applies, you 'nearly' always get what you pay for, and if it turns out to be a bit of a dog then its going to break your bank putting it right.

As far as styling goes, this is simply down to you. I personally think the R34 is the best Skyline variant, but unfortunately its out of my league for the time being. I own an R32 GTR and love it to bits, but if someone wanted to swap I'd take them up on the offer in a second.

All skylines that have been looked after are reliable cars, obviously if you want 800bhp out of a standard engine then your going to blow it up fairly swiftly, but standard internals are good for 400 bhp at least, some say 500bhp others say 600bhp, its all down to your driving style and amount of luck you have. The search will be your friend when trying to ascertain how much tuneability is available from a GTR engine and the costs involved.

Search the members gallery for pictures of the R34, there is a particularly nice model (that’s putting it a tiny bit on the mild side) in the for sale section which is an R34 GTR V-Spec II Nur. But have a search through, you will find many different photos of all models (32, 33 and 34) and you will begin to gauge what your budget will set you for.

I personally recommend with your £20k a nice spec'd R33 GTR or a monster R32.

Good luck

Dale

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi thanks for the replies

It's the technological side which really interests me, not necessarily the power.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts