• I would like to be a moderator

Votes: 7 9.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Guy - i hope from that post that you are intending to withdraw your offer to "resign" as a moderator.

IMVHO, I think Cem, Glen and Guy and doing a great job.

I've been on the board a year now, and i've enjoyed every minute of it. I've met a lot of new friends via the meets held by the people on this board, and long may that continue.

I don't own a skyline, but feel i've been made very welcome on this forum - no-one has EVER given me grief for being a non-owner...and i really appreciate that, as you don't get that very often.

I think it could be a good idea to have a non-skyline section of the board - for completely non-skyline topics that people wish to "discuss". This will then leave the rest of the board for skyline only chat...which is afterall, why everyone is here.

I think this is a great forum (99% of the time) - and it is always the first place i visit when i get home from work and swtich the PC on.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I have read this thread and have been able to agree with most if not all of the points raised...all I can say is that I enjoy reading the technical threads...there is always time to learn more about things and what makes them work....but also, I like the chat side of things too....it is what keeps things on an even keel without being overkill on the technical side...Guy, dont give up the moderator job..you and Glen are the best ones to do it. I am sure this will all be resolved and everyone will be happy..:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
gtr forum

i'm reletively new with this 'forum' stuff but it's great as i can gain usefull information on what to do and what not to do, so who cares if there are some posts which are useless or silly, as long as most are good and help new skyliners learn....

(it also stops me from asking silly questions...)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
We are even starting to bring back members who left now, hey Tiggs....... :D
Just like Daz said, even if you don't own a Skyline, you are not given grief at all.
I don't even own a car yet, as I am not old enough being 16 :eek:
Not one single person has given me grief over it. I have even got support of a few members on my topic on the 'Insurance' forum.

Have a great Bank Holiday all!

Best Regards,
-Elliot

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
If anyone that I spoke to yesterday wondered why I did not comment on this thread, it is because I have only just read it. I voted and then left it at that.
I am happy with the owner of gtr.co.uk and the moderators as well.
I am happy with the content but do agree that we should make an area available that is just for banter and make it obvious that it is just for that. For instance, everyone knew what the diggler banter thread was for and did not read it if they were not interested, but others liked it, so ok to have it then.
One of the problems on here is that you have to be careful what you say as you are not talking face 2 face and you can annoy people if you do not use the :)
I am sorry to see Henry go as I enjoy chatting to him at meets, as I did yesterday:( I would say that we DO need to think of a away of bringing back members of old that don't post anymore. I have just had a look at the members sorted into date joined order and most of the 1st 50 to join do still post. I would be sorry to lose Scott as his knowledge of filtering is invaluable.
Back to me...
I used to read every thread when the bbs was smaller but just skim through the new posts now looking for something of interest. I tend to ignore the jokes these days so it does not bother me when they get posted. The only thing I would ask is that people improve the name of some of their posts e.g. "help" or "look at this" which are vague.
Personally I do not like it when members have a go at each other on here or at meets;) but sometimes those threads make the best reading. Life I suppose. If I know that I am going to upset someone with my post I do not bother and usually pm instead.
Lastly.....keep moderating Guy:)

edited to correct my 1 spelling mistake:D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hmm

Hi,

I have just found this thread, and to be honest, I could not complete reading all of your post.
So please forgive me if I am out of the point.
And I am just posting as a GTR owner and a person who organizes GTROC in Japan.
Here is my personal opinion.
Some of them know about it, but I am the organizer of GTROC Japan, and I have had a lot of issues to maintain the Club polite.
I know there are several basic problems when you enjoy an internet virtual club.

1) There is no border line of countries.
2) We cannot see all the members in person
3) It is very very easy to post.

Every forum has their "netiket" problems.
And it is because of such a basic situation that I have shown above.
So, basically I think as follows.

1) We need moderators who lead and maintain their forum.
2) We should consider the contents well what we are going to post.
3) We should not offend anyone on the forum on the board.

If we know all of you each other in person, we can understand poster's way of talking and their thought.
But if we don't know each other in person, it is very difficult to read between the lines.
So I think we should make sure to be much more polite by ourselves when we use internet forum than when we talk in person.
"Friendly" and "Not polite" are not the same thing.
I hope we can always be "polite and friendly" even we know each other well in person.

We know there are a lot of traders and tuners on the forum, and it means if we says a tuner badly, someone do not feel good.
We should share unbiased information, but we should respect each tuner, trader and each opinion.

Yours,
Shin

S

·
0 Posts
Please dont take what I am saying in the wrong way Shin, but I think the way you use the English Langauge is absolutely fantastic. :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Well said Shin ... the best reply yet ... mutal respect for our differences.

And senna ... your avatar - it looks beautiful! :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Having sacrificed about an hour to reading this thread properly and attempting to take it all in I have to ask what the real point of it is? It's obvious we need Moderators, and I wont even bother justifying that because as I said, its obvious. If Dirk is happy to have Cem moderating, then whats the problem with Guy and Glen doing it too? Afterall they are mearly "filling in" for Cem because he is apparently very busy and unable to scour the forum for threads that are unnaceptable, and I applaud Guy and Glen for doing that.

The site has not gone downhill in my opinion. It is still a great wealth of knowledge, everyone is still polite and non-elitist (which must be tough when you own the greatest car in the world :) ) and its generally a nice place to be.

Dirk, I cant belive you would worry about your posts for fear of someone jumping down your throat, not when you stir up a controversey like this. (P.S. Im not having a go there, Im part of the DD's side burns fan club ;) )

Rob

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
This Site/Forum

I really enjoy coming here and seeing whats going on. It's great to reads peoples threads and posts and as and when I have something constructive to say, give a reply or even start a Thread.

Also I accepted the role of moderator by Cem to be even more part of this here. I also accepted the role thinking that their was a lot of support behind me and Guy to do this. Their is and for this reason I ain't gonna let things get me down. The buzz I get from my car is the same as I get coming on here will all us like minded guys and gals. This site is the nuts and if it does go off the rails then we all should play a part in putting it back on track. I just feel that I am one small part of this but we are all in the big picture.

Anyways lets look forward to the launch of the new site and club and the progression towards us here all being part of one of the (if not the) best one make car sites on the web :smokin: .

Glen (the other one :D )

·
Registered
239 Posts
Shin

What a lovely post! I think you are a model of politeness and an inspiration!

I also agree - I think the way you use English is beautiful - I just wish I could speak Japanese half as well as you speak English;)

Caroline

:D

PS. Dave - were you getting a little verbose there poppet??!! :p
Blaa, Blaa, Blaa!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Im glad to see that the vast majority of people are in tune with our thoughts.

Unless anyone has any objections then I would be glad to lock this thread, seeing as it's run its course.

I hope eveyone is ok with this?

Cem

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yip lock it, i don't think anyone else needs to post anything really.

Cheers,
Daz

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.