Votes: 7 9.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
just before you kill it.....

i run the 300 board, and do get criticised occasionally for the (lack of) moderation...

however, when it started (read.. when the cars were more expensive/exclusive) there were a lot less members, and a lot less problems

as cars/boards get more popular, you will attract more and more "different" people, with their own opinions and personalities

there are numerous reasons for me not moderating very much, mostly as i think people should have their say, and should be adult/responsible enough to post sensibly, but we all know that is not always possible for some people

but, i also have to make a living, and as much as i like my forum, moderating is a full time job which does not pay the bills, and the more active members you get, the more you need to moderate.

we are currently moving servers and software, which will mean a new config and new approach.

it will be easier to moderate, and should hopefully stop the incessant bickering that bugs us all

"easier to moderate" heh... it is very hard to find people that are truly "neutral and unbiased" on a forum. the last thing you want is for any members to feel victimised if they are not on good terms with a moderator, but it does happen

i'm not really going anywhere with this, but the decisions made by us board owners/operators are not made lightly and it is never easy to decide what is the best for the masses

you need to establish some ground rules now, before the membership gets too large, and before too many people take advantage of the low moderation, else it will become unruly like the 300 board sometimes is

if you dont, then believe me, it will happen.
it has happened on just about every other board that has been running a number of years. it's life. sadly.

Craig

81 - 82 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.