GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously tempted by a Y-pipe & Cobb AP combination, but I know my insurance was granted specifically on the basis of my car being completely standard UK-spec i.e. not an import, and NO modifications.

How have those of you with mods tackled this?

1. Keep quiet - what they don't know won't hurt them..?
2. Gone with mod-friendly insurers?

If you would rather not post answer (1) in the forum then feel free to send me a PM!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I haven't modded a car since my previous scooby a few years back; wasn't a big deal then, even with a big insurer, i think Privilege.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has insured a modded 35.

Can't see chip + exhaust, 10% power hike, being a big deal.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Have to say that Admiral have been great mate, got multi-car with them, and insured the car with Zele carbon kit, exhaust and Cobb up front and it did'nt add a huge amount to the policy :) So it's worth asking about :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Have to say that Admiral have been great mate, got multi-car with them, and insured the car with Zele carbon kit, exhaust and Cobb up front and it did'nt add a huge amount to the policy :) So it's worth asking about :thumbsup:
Can I ask how much the premium on the car was as std and the extra for the mods?

I have an Admiral multi-car policy at the mo and my initial premium on their quote system as a stand alone was £573 - wanted to know how much extra to expect if i mod.

Cheers :thumbsup:

David

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - sounds like I will be needing to have a chat with Admiral soon. My problem is that they wanted around £900 when I was looking into insuring the car... and by some fluke I ended up paying £103 through Swinton :)

The Y-pipe and Cobb AP are very good value for money... but changing insurer will almost double their price!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they've got you down for a Primera GT mate :thumbsup:
Haha - no, definitely a GT-R... certificate of insurance has all the details :) Weirdly, they want more than my premium for a Micra!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Can I ask how much the premium on the car was as std and the extra for the mods?

I have an Admiral multi-car policy at the mo and my initial premium on their quote system as a stand alone was £573 - wanted to know how much extra to expect if i mod.

Cheers :thumbsup:

David
No worries David

My premium is £670 for the GTR (thats with 2 claims!! :eek: ) and 1 years bonus no claims discount, they put my 10 years no claims on the other car as it worked out cheaper???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts